No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Winky Wright Not Sure What Happened in Quillin Fallout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Winky Wright Not Sure What Happened in Quillin Fallout

Former undisputed junior middleweight champion Winky Wright (51-5-1, 25KOs) is searching for answers. Two weeks ago, Wright appeared to be on the verge of finalizing a deal to fight up and coming middleweight contender Peter Quillin (26-0, 20KOs) on the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Miguel Cotto pay-per-view undercard on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. During the last few days, the fight fell through without a definitive reason provided.

[Click Here To Read More]

i didnt wanna see this fight anyway. hopefully we'll get something better

Comment

I'd love to see Winky fight again! He's a really good fighter!!!

Comment

Winky said he never turned down a fight, but that's a lie.

He turned down De La Hoya because of money issues, and he turned down Taylor rematch because of money issues[Taylor wanted the lion's share].

But with that said, I was hoping to see Winky back against Quillin. I like Winky but oh well, enjoy the remaining 2-year comebacks of your career Wink.

Comment

Winky Wright has been too inactive throughout his career.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Winky said he never turned down a fight, but that's a lie.

He turned down De La Hoya because of money issues, and he turned down Taylor rematch because of money issues[Taylor wanted the lion's share].

But with that said, I was hoping to see Winky back against Quillin. I like Winky but oh well, enjoy the remaining 2-year comebacks of your career Wink.
            True but fighters like Winky ain't gonna fight for peanuts. DLH offered him crap money, as did Taylor.

Comment

if ur really serious,Go fight on espn.Stop fcking around.

Comment

Originally posted by pelonxsoldier28 View Post
                True but fighters like Winky ain't gonna fight for peanuts. DLH offered him crap money, as did Taylor.
                dlh really never wanted to fight him...winky was campaigning at middleweight while dlh had just beaten mayorga and dlh said he wouldnt return to middleweight to which winky responded he could drop down for that fight. everything went silent after that

winky shouldve just fought his way back up seeing as he's looking to fight contenders like williams and quillin these days...the old winky was too proud to fight anything less than an established name

Comment

Winky's eating too many Twinkies! He's walking around at Heavyweight. Do you really think a 40 year old past his prime could drop 40+ pounds in 2 1/2 months and still put on a good fight?

Let's see what happens now.

Comment

Originally posted by pelonxsoldier28 View Post
                    Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    dlh really never wanted to fight him...winky was campaigning at middleweight while dlh had just beaten mayorga and dlh said he wouldnt return to middleweight to which winky responded he could drop down for that fight. everything went silent after that

winky shouldve just fought his way back up seeing as he's looking to fight contenders like williams and quillin these days...the old winky was too proud to fight anything less than an established name

Lol, yeah sure.

By JOHN C. COTEY
                    Published July 26, 2005

As for Shaw last month turning down $6-million to fight Oscar De La Hoya ?

"He offers everyone else $10, 15-million," Wright said, referring to the $10-million Felix Trinidad got for beating De La Hoya in 1999. "I ain't doing it."

Please, I like Winky, but stop creating stories about him being ducked. He willingly turned down fights for money issues. $6 Million guarantee + PPV upside is not "peanuts".

Comment

Working...
                    X