No announcement yet.

Double Standard for Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Standard for Mayweather

Look at ODH opponents, Sugar Rays Opponents, Thomas Hearns and anyone else you chose. Especially Rocky Marciano, and then honestly tell me they fought tougher fights "everytime" they fought. This is ridiculous. The man is damn near forty and he's cherry picking, LOL. He beat Cotto and Canelo and now thats the fight of the year? Tell you his secret. He utilizes the formula from Holmes vs Cooney to make damn near a billion dollars in his career. It sells, whether we will be honest about it or not. I've never seen all the media and former boxers all try and derail a fight so bad in my life. I could name a hundred fights that deserved that treatment but didn't get it. Why?? Espn goes out of their way to bring up domestic violence and anything negative everytime, especially right before his fights. How many times do you hear about the starting NFL QB who trolled college bars and paid off three rape victims (Ben R. Steelers). What about Paytons case at Tennessee? Know why you don't know about that, because they like him. Report the facts and give credit where credit is due. Let the judical system handle judicial matters and just watch the event, like you do with anyone else. The former VP shot a guy, and that was reported and it blew over. Everytime Chaney is mentioned that doesn't come up to shade your opinion does it? Why, if that is the standard?

Another thread crying about how unfair people are towards Mayweather and his legacy. Nobody cares man.

Comment

its amazing how you dont have to read a post to feel the butthurt

Comment

Mayweather called himself The Best Ever ..Can you honestly say he is with is resume ?

Comment

whats wrong with you people? lmfao. Its like mayweather is your life.

Comment

Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
            Mayweather called himself The Best Ever ..Can you honestly say he is with is resume ?
            26-0 in title fights
            23 Former or Current World Champions Beaten(The most by any fighter in history)
            4 Lineal titles
            10 fighters he beat WERE ON THE POUND FOR POUND LIST WHEN HE BEAT THEM
            Multiple Hof's and a couple ATG's as well.
            All while being undefeated for 19 years.
            Yeah....you could.

Comment

I notice you had no facts about anything. Just the basic BS.

Comment

I think every fighter deals with that to some degree. Mayweather is just one of the best fighters of his era so he gets more of it, along with having his bad guy persona which doesn't help + the closeness fans can have to boxing today that hasn't always been around.

I'm sure if internet forums existed in Marciano's day people woulda been saying he was trying to retire cuz he was scared of Patterson & Liston. Ali woulda been dogged for so many boring fights vs nobody opponents in between his big fights & how he made a mockery of boxing with the Inoka fight & himself by losing to Leon Spinks.

So Mayweather just has the (pros &) cons of living in this era when more mfers who haven't seen daylight in years can **** on the biggest names in the world & have people read their opinions.

Comment

The Peds are what kept him at 39 looking like he is 26

He has been flushing the banned peds with illegal iv's and
                  And been pointing fingers and had a fake crusade to clean up boxing and all sports but was user himself. The iv's prove this

Comment

I cant stand Floyd. Pretty much hate him. Always want to see him lose.

But i cant criticise what he has achieved and his sheer brilliance in the ring. His record is amazing.

Its best to not argue with all the obvious haters. I disagree with him being TBE, but i also never get into that debate as its all just nonsense.

Credit where its due. Floyd is a damn genius.
                    At the very least he has been incredibly smart in terms of business and not taking punishment.

Comment

Working...
                    X