No announcement yet.

British Boxing is the most corrupt scene in all of sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Boxing is the most corrupt scene in all of sport

About 6/7 months ago, I made a mental note to expect bullshiet to go down at every big-ish fight held in Britain. Since then -
    1. Malik Scott gets a 9 count against Chisora from a flash knockdown
    2. Beltran gets robbed against Burns
    3. The ref CARRIES Cleverly back into the corner, even at one point appearing to SLAP away a Kovalev punch on Nathan
    4. Groves getting stopped tonight at the first sign of getting hurt
    5. Chisora vs Pala

There's more recent examples too which I can't quite remember. But before every big fight here, I am cognisant that the ref/judges will pull a stunt - and, oh boy, they never let me down.

Some old classics too:
    • Hatton's all-out dirt-fest against Kostya
    • Hatton being allowed to get his shoelaces tied when buzzed by Lascano
    • Froch vs Dirrell scorecards
      • Enzo Mac allowed to keep getting up and continuing on rubber legs after vicious knockdowns

There's so many more too I can't remember off the top of my head.

And what's funny, what is really funny, is that the Eurotards on here who saw Andre Ward undress Kessler, Froch and Abraham, really do think Ward should go and fight Froch in England

Last edited by Porter's Dad; 11-30-2013, 08:42 PM.

I'm still mad at the Tszyu-Hatton fight, that was freaking disgusting. Always make me cringe when people cry about Ward not willing to go fight in this corrupted place

Comment

indeed, sadly its run by hern, who has taken over frank warrens match fixing mantle

Comment

I think a lot of the time it's more incompetence than corruption.

Just look at Ian John Lewis' performance reffing the McCloskey-Corley fight for example. Just ridiculously bad stoppage against the British fighter although he was losing.

We just generally have a poor level of ref's and often Judges. Ian John Lewis again being one of the worst.

Comment

IMO Brook's stoppage of Jones in the rematch was very soft as well. Didn't think Rose beat Maciel

OTOH Quigg and McDonnell weren't given hometown treatment in their title shots

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
            I'm still mad at the Tszyu-Hatton fight, that was freaking disgusting. Always make me cringe when people cry about Ward not willing to go fight in this corrupted place
            I know practically every place in boxing is corrupt. But Britain is a whole different level of bull****. Foreign (and non-house fighters like Groves tonight) are practically walking into a set-up.

And yet people want great champions like Ward and Roy Jones (prime) to leave America and go to places where like this to "challenge themselves".

Challenge themselves to repeated and unpunished rabbit punches? To getting screwed royally screwed over?

Any fighter who comes to Britain is taking a huge, huge risk.

Comment

i think groves summed it up perfectly in the post fight interview, froch is seen as this warrior so gets a benefit of the doubt when hes hurt way worse than groves and because groves has been perceived as being abit fragile he gets stopped by eddies boy howard foster. he was gonna probably get robbed on the scorecards anyway but boy did groves show that he can not only beat froch on his game but seriously make him doubt himself.

Froch was scared for a good 4 or 5 rounds after the knockdown, im curious to see how he copes mentally now the british media and public are against him after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                Any fighter who comes to Britain is taking a huge, huge risk.
                So is any fighter going to Oakland to get hugged and headbutted, ask Mikkel Kessler. How about Matthysse get low-blowed all night? Campillo getting robbed against Cloud? Half the big-name fighters across the pond getting caught being on steroids? Smoger hugging and kissing B-Hop while pushing and punishing Murat and pushing him in the face? Cortez allowing all of sorts of ish to go on? Beltran being robbed twice in the US? Dirty test results being "lost"? Fights allowed to go ahead after dirty test results? Injured fighters having to get their own cab to hospital? A fight biting an opponent's ear off? Provodnikov not getting the second k/d called? Al Haymon judges? PEDerson keeping his title after being caught dirty v Khan? The list goes on and on, the ish never ends.

It's boxing's problem, no matter where the fights take place. No one likes their fighters travelling to the 'other' place not because it's any less fair, but because they get done to them the same things they do to others. It's a corrupt and unhealthy sport, it is what it is.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 11-23-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

calzaghe vs everybody he has stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    So is any fighter going to Oakland to get hugged and headbutted, ask Mikkel Kessler. How about Matthysse get low-blowed all night? Campillo getting robbed against Cloud? Half the big-name fighters across the pond getting caught being on steroids? Smoger hugging and kissing B-Hop while pushing and punishing Murat and pushing him in the face? Cortez allowing all of sorts of ish to go on? Beltran being robbed twice in the US? Dirty test results being "lost"? Fights allowed to go ahead after dirty test results? Injured fighters having to get their own cab to hospital? A fight biting an opponent's ear off? Provodnikov not getting the second k/d called? Al Haymon judges?

The list goes on and on, the ish never ends. It's boxing's problem, no matter where the fights take place.
                    Weebler, please. Please. Stop it. Foreign/non-house fighters coming to England are getting stiffed fight after fight after fight. All the scenes are corrupt - the British one is the absolute worst. It is head and shoulders above everywhere else. That's good you found some examples - I just gave you blatant CONSECUTIVE examples. People predicted BEFORE the fight that something stupid would happen.

Stop being in denial about this.

Ward must be ******ed to even contemplate ever coming here, even for the crown jewels.

Comment

Working...
                    X