This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy is limited, imo.

no good in the air, not strong, not very good technically, not much of a 'personality', not really commited in closing down.

What he does have a habit of is taking shots quickly in the box and being quickish.

He is a middling premier league striker. Absolutely perfect back up. But from his own end - joining Chelsea and having a good impact on a league title win - scoring winners - is the absolute zenith of his career.

Tired of the Chelsea ruined such and such a player because it is usually these middling kind of players that were ruined (talking about when we were good) like SWP and Scott Parker, Kezman...Mutu!

Not bad players but they basically reached a competitive level that was beyond them. Can happen to all professionals not just football players. It is called staying within your level of competence. It makes sense to overreach if you have the ambition to test yourself but if you fall short it is what it is.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-20-2015, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Specially the way our mids play but something is better than nothing.

Comment

• City vs Liverpool-no one cares
        Chelsea vs Norwich- Battle of relegation
        Barca vs Real-The game to watch

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Shanghai.

Stop quizzing me please.

And you are telling me Chelsea ruined his career? Explain...

Just a 30 year old half decent player on a cash grab. Good luck to him.
          Ba just turned 30 few months ago WHU and Arsenal were interested in him but Jose blocked the move so he can sit on the bench behind Eto'o and Torres and only come in for the LB the last 10 minutes when Chelsea were chasing games he probably started in less than handful of matches in all competitions

Sort of like what's happening to Remy right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            No football for what felt like ages and then we get two massive games on at the same fcking time tomorrow Three if you count Schalke against Bayern as i'd have been on a scouting mission watching that if the other two games were not on.

Now i think we all know it's fairly obvious which game to go for but even still i'm not gonna feel good knowing i'm missing El Clasico whilst watching the City - Liverpool game.

How are the rest of you gonna feel about missing El Clasico?

Help comfort me by trading our sorrows.
            Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            City vs Liverpool-no one cares
            Chelsea vs Norwich- Battle of relegation
            Barca vs Real-The game to watch
            Don't forget Juventus V AC Milan. It's still a big game with a lot to play for for both teams

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Ba just turned 30 few months ago WHU and Arsenal were interested in him but Jose blocked the move so he can sit on the bench behind Eto'o and Torres and only come in for the LB the last 10 minutes when Chelsea were chasing games he probably started in less than handful of matches in all competitions

Sort of like what's happening to Remy right now
              Would he have started for West Ham?

Never mind Arsenal.

He lost nothing by not leaving Chelsea. Chelsea again is the best level he has reached in his career. He done alright. Or was he meant to be a world beater? He scored a goal that put Chelsea into a CL semi final and on another ruined Liverpool beyond repair and took Stevie G's soul and ate it and shat it out in a bin. Maybe Demba 'feckin' Ba was meant to win us the Champions' League as well.

People are fascinated with Chelsea. Which is why we will be first on MOTD as usual whether we win, lose, or draw to bloody Norwich as home.

It is a relief now we're crap so that we don't have to hear how we are ruining Jamal Blackman's career or something. Even the first XI are ruining their own careers because they are straight garbage.
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-20-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• I guess Comparing a prime striker to 3rd GK is a fair comparison since they both got about the same playing time from mourinho you can call KDB Lukaku and Mata cry babies all you want they obviously made a great decision for their careers schurrle probably regrets sticking around for as long as he did hope he recovers his form soon

And of course people are fascinated by Chelsea this is a historic collapse of epic proportion that no one ever seen before along with jose meltdowns and tantrum it's a great spectacle
                Last edited by Phenom; 11-20-2015, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  I guess Comparing a prime striker to 3rd GK is a fair comparison since they both got about the same playing time from mourinho you can call KDB Lukaku and Mata cry babies all you want they obviously made a great decision for their careers schurrle probably regrets sticking around for as long as he did hope he recovers his form soon

And of course people are fascinated by Chelsea this is a historic collapse of epic proportion that no one ever seen before along with jose meltdowns and tantrum it's a great spectacle
                  Never once criticised Mata.

I have always preferred him to Hazard.

Schurrle is another..there is a ceiling to his talent and how are we being blamed for his current form?

If your argument was Ba would have scored more goals and played more games elsewhere you are probably right. But where would that elsewhere be? You mentioned Arsenal and West Ham. He wouldn't play for either.

So we ruined Ba by allowing him to leave Newcastle and play in big games in the CL and give him a career high payday (maybe he earns more in China, dunno) . Bizarre. You must be a real Ba fan.

Do you think Citeh ruined Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell? Do you think Arsenal ruined Francis Jeffers? Do you think Man U have ruined Memphis Depay or Diego Forlan? Do you think Liverpool have ruined any of the plethora of bums they have bought over the years?

It is what is. Some players don't fit. But Ba actually did alright at Chelsea - he or Chelsea don't deserve any criticism for that particular deal.

Comment

It is a relief that we are ruining Jamal Blackman's career
                    I bet it is.

Comment

Do you think Citeh ruined Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell? Do you think Arsenal ruined Francis Jeffers? Do you think Man U have ruined Memphis Depay or Diego Forlan? Do you think Liverpool have ruined any of the plethora of bums they have bought over the years?

It is what is. Some players don't fit. But Ba actually did alright at Chelsea - he or Chelsea don't deserve any criticism for that particular deal.
                      Difference is the players you mentioned were young players with potential. Jeffers, Sinclair and Rodwell had done jack in the game it was all about what they had the potential to do. Not to mention Forlan went on to become La Liga top scorer after he left Utd so in no way was he ruined.

Chelsea ruin already established top class players, a feat in itself.

Torres, a top 3 striker in world football goes to Chelsea and all of a sudden forgets how to play football.

Shevchenko, again same as above.

Hazard - fair enough a young player too but not comparable with the others mentioned as Hazard was not just any young talent, he was a player who at the age of 19 was world class and already a top class player. Hopefully he's not been completely ruined by Chelsea and still can have a decent career for himself away from Chelsea but if he goes down the Torres route ie leaving and still looking like he's never known how to play football before i wont be surprised.

Chelsea's whole philosophy as a club is anti football. So for any player who has an iota of extravagance and flair to their game it's always gonna be a uphill struggle.

The only way to succeed is to change your whole game like Willian has done and focus on defending first even as an attacking player and then you will do well at Chelsea.

Willian, footballs first ever Defensive Attacking Midfielder gave up his love for playing football to succeed at Chelsea, Hazard refuses to do the same which is why Chelsea fans hate him so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X