Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the classier representative of the sport - Lennox Lewis or Wladimir Klitschko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
    Elroy sucks donkey scroat
    This is the same guy who claims Joe Louis was a drunk, talentless bum. He's clearly a bit special.

Comment

• Laced Up, I am trying to be nice to LEnnox because I equally respect him and his opponents as well...

But you seem to be one of those guys who like to pretend that the Klitschko's opponents who are just as strong, just as good a record, don't look any worse, are somehow complete bums, whereas Lennox Lewis fought killers by comparison.

That's just not true. Like Weltsch said, Vitali was OLDER than Briggs.

As far as I am concerned a boxer in their 30's is not OLD. WK, VK and Floyd and Pac are or were recent CHAMPS. It's pretty obvious that mid 30's is the true prime of a boxer, especially a HW boxer!

Ibragimov also bashed Briggs, he even got a shot version of Holyfield (who you would have me believe was completely decrepit but he wasn't THAT bad).

Let's make some other comparisons shall we... Like we've done before...

Chagaev out boxes Golota...
      Chambers out boxes Tua...
      Haye DESTROYS Grant...
      Ibragimov has already beaten Briggs and Holyfield...
      Thompson beats up Tyson (that Lewis fought)...

I could go on...

Now I'm sure you can mix and match them differently to give alternative results, but to think that WK's opponents were piss weak compared to Lewis's is outrageous and you know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
        Laced Up, I am trying to be nice to LEnnox because I equally respect him and his opponents as well...

But you seem to be one of those guys who like to pretend that the Klitschko's opponents who are just as strong, just as good a record, don't look any worse, are somehow complete bums, whereas Lennox Lewis fought killers by comparison.

That's just not true. Like Weltsch said, Vitali was OLDER than Briggs.

As far as I am concerned a boxer in their 30's is not OLD. WK, VK and Floyd and Pac are or were recent CHAMPS. It's pretty obvious that mid 30's is the true prime of a boxer, especially a HW boxer!

Ibragimov also bashed Briggs, he even got a shot version of Holyfield (who you would have me believe was completely decrepit but he wasn't THAT bad).

Let's make some other comparisons shall we... Like we've done before...

Chagaev out boxes Golota...
        Chambers out boxes Tua...
        Haye DESTROYS Grant...
        Ibragimov has already beaten Briggs and Holyfield...
        Thompson beats up Tyson (that Lewis fought)...

I could go on...

Now I'm sure you can mix and match them differently to give alternative results, but to think that WK's opponents were piss weak compared to Lewis's is outrageous and you know it.
        Trying to be nice? WTF - be fair to both. You were trying to fabricate KDs and hard fights for Lennox just to make him seem worse ffs!

With regards to records, if someone has fought ranked opponents and has built up a undefeated resume, whereas someone else has fought unranked opponents and built up an undefeated resume - common sense would tell you that the guy fighting ranked opponents has a better resume, no?

Dude, nothing is "pretty obvious". Briggs was fighting at world level when Wlad and Vitali were green 'just-turned-pros'. You can't compare the two, I don't care who's older.

Some guys' prime are in their twenties, some in their 30s. There's no standard.

With regards to the comparisons you made, they are just ridiculous. Golota was a far better boxer than Chagaev ever was. Golota had a near perfect jab! I'm not lying, one of the best I've ever seen. I'd rank it above Lennox's and Wlad's if he'd actually fought on without going crazy.

Ibragimov beat Holyfield when he was 45 years old or something! How can you even compare the two? Same with Briggs, even though he had a little more momentum at the time.

Thompson beats Tyson... Haha. I don't think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          it was only two fights where wlads clinching was to the degree of foul worthy and lewis also did his fair share of clinching in his day. that was stewards strategy. wlad has denied ever saying he was drugged. anyway,,,I think both guys were great reps of the sport and Im a fan of both
          Shame he couldn't teach tommy hearns to clinch

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Trying to be nice? WTF - be fair to both. You were trying to fabricate KDs and hard fights for Lennox just to make him seem worse ffs!

With regards to records, if someone has fought ranked opponents and has built up a undefeated resume, whereas someone else has fought unranked opponents and built up an undefeated resume - common sense would tell you that the guy fighting ranked opponents has a better resume, no?

Dude, nothing is "pretty obvious". Briggs was fighting at world level when Wlad and Vitali were green 'just-turned-pros'. You can't compare the two, I don't care who's older.

Some guys' prime are in their twenties, some in their 30s. There's no standard.

With regards to the comparisons you made, they are just ridiculous. Golota was a far better boxer than Chagaev ever was. Golota had a near perfect jab! I'm not lying, one of the best I've ever seen. I'd rank it above Lennox's and Wlad's if he'd actually fought on without going crazy.

Ibragimov beat Holyfield when he was 45 years old or something! How can you even compare the two? Same with Briggs, even though he had a little more momentum at the time.

Thompson beats Tyson... Haha. I don't think so.
            You made lots of idiotic statements, FANBOY of Lewis... But I will respond to just one...

If Briggs was fighting at world-level when VK and WK were still in diapers, then why is it when he stepped up against Ibrogimov and VK he got his ****ing ass kicked?

Considering he was by then a muscle bound and seasoned veteran with the experience of all of his fights behind him, rather than the earlier version who "feasted on bums" exactly the same as you would say regarding Pianeta or Wach for example, until he was GIFTED by George Foreman for a title.

Could it not just be that Ibragimov, a top ranked opponent of WK's was simply BETTER than Briggs?

And I ain't got nothing against Golota either, nut bag, but great boxer. I pick Chagaev! A great boxer too!

And yes, Williams and McBride could finish Tyson but Thompson of the WK fights wouldn't of had a chance? Yeah Right! The guy wasted Price 2ce, finished a giant prospects career, made Lennox's own protégé completely irrelevant and recently only lost to Pulev, another great opponent and WK's next. I would pick Thompson over THAT Tyson.
            Last edited by Elroy1; 07-08-2014, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
              This is the same guy who claims Joe Louis was a drunk, talentless bum. He's clearly a bit special.
              Clearly I was being funny there... His opponents DEFINITELY fit that profile though! LOL

Laced Up seems to be giving a difficult debate this time unlike you..

He's obviously decided it's wiser to steer away from WK+opponents VS "Box-car Joe" type eras of the past LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Briggs is the same age as Vitali, I believe Vitali is actually some months older than Briggs.
                Boxing doesn't work that way. Briggs had more mileage (take away Klitschko retirement) and was old in this era.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                  You made lots of idiotic statements, FANBOY of Lewis... But I will respond to just one...

If Briggs was fighting at world-level when VK and WK were still in diapers, then why is it when he stepped up against Ibrogimov and VK he got his ****ing ass kicked?

Considering he was by then a muscle bound and seasoned veteran with the experience of all of his fights behind him, rather than the earlier version who "feasted on bums" exactly the same as you would say regarding Pianeta or Wach for example, until he was GIFTED by George Foreman for a title.

Could it not just be that Ibragimov, a top ranked opponent of WK's was simply BETTER than Briggs?

And I ain't got nothing against Golota either, nut bag, but great boxer. I pick Chagaev! A great boxer too!
                  Like which? Was Briggs not fighting Foreman and Lewis in '97? two world champions.

First off, he hardly got his ass 'kicked' against Ibragimov, second of all - because it was a good 5-10 years past his prime in both fights? How can you not understand that? Also, VK would have beaten him always of course, he's a far better fighter than Briggs.

Muscle bound and experienced? I think most would call it juiced up and old. as he clearly was. There was ZERO ability in him in his fight vs Vitali and he hadn't fought in a long time, let alone fought at any level that would even remotely prepare him for a shot against Vitali.

Ibragimov could have been better than Briggs, yes. Absolutely. I don't rank either to be anything special. But they fought in one guys prime, and after another's prime.

Yes, you pick Chagaev because he lost to Wlad. If it had been the other way around you would have picked Golota.

Comment

Working...
                  X