Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve's PC/Console hybrid Steam Machine coming 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy or upgrade your PC, buy a wireless receiver to use 360 controller on PC and you've got the equivalent of a steam machine that plays all PC games.

Comment

I'm surprised as well, 1TB HDD + 128GB of SSD should be the norm by now.

Didn't Valve also make Portal? It's supposedly like a top 3 ATG game of last gen. If they make that exclusive to Steam Box, that'll also make thing interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Paine View Post
        Buy or upgrade your PC, buy a wireless receiver to use 360 controller on PC and you've got the equivalent of a steam machine that plays all PC games.
        I've been strongly considering building a high end gaming PC, or getting it built for me if i'm too much a of a caveman to do it myself, since earlier this year. And i'm actually willing to pay anything under $1,800 for it, but ultimately it will be worth it. A modern PC graphics card like a GTX 800 series in 2014 would most likely be prepared for PS5/next gen X Box games. A PC like that, I will pretty much do everything on it.

PS4/XB One are just so unimpressive compared to PC, that the only games that will give me a hard on, Evil Within, Borderlands 3 and Resident Evil 7*(pending), are also slated for PC.

Comment

From wikipedia, but still interesting if true.

Players will also be able to stream games from regular PCs running Steam to Steam Machines, allowing access to games that are native to Windows or OS X.[27] Through SteamPlay, users can play games available on SteamOS that they already own on Windows or MacOS X and will not need to repurchase the SteamOS title.

Comment

Make your own Steam PC, AMD will be releasing new APU's that will be strong enough to run games @ 1080p 60fps , or you can have dual OS like in my hackintosh got windows 7 ultimate as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              A final note : 500GB of storage in this generation is a ****ing insult to gamers, especially with these ridiculous installation sizes and times. I expected Microsoft to **** that up, but I was surprised to see Sony do the same, and now I'm even more surprised to see Valve follow suit.

One of the many reasons I'm holding off on buying a new console is due to limited storage capacity - Give me a 1TB storage capacity or **** off.
              That 1TB will come in 3 years with the slim models of each system. About the time Ill be buying the systems.

Comment

I think this lucky bastard got a prototype with a Titan in it.

These are the specs on the Prototypes they will have Intel CPU's and Nvidia GPU'S

Nvidia Titan, GTX 780, GTX 760 or GTX 660 GPU. On the CPU front, some boxes will have Intel's Core i7-4770, some with the Core i5-4570, and some with Core i3 processors. Available RAM will be 16 GB DDR3-1600 (CPU) and 3 GB DDR5 (GPU), and storage will be provided by a hybrid SSHD with 1 TB for storage and 8 GB for cache. Power will be handled by an internal 450 watt 80 Plus Gold power supply.
                Last edited by Roja's480; 12-18-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X