Boxing media in German(y)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing media in German(y)

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I've been reading for a while, but this is my first post. Thank you to you all for your contributions.

I have just moved to Germany and I don't speak a word of the language yet (we use English at work). I want to learn and I think following the media, particularly boxing media, will help.

Does anyone know what TV channels air boxing related contents (not necessarily live fights) over here? I got cable TV, but only a basic package, and I am not buying any PPVs, since I can't afford it plus it's the landlord, who lives upstairs, who manages all these things. I think the product we have is this one*, but I can't find a channel list there.

(*): sorry, I can't post links yet. The product's name is "FRITZ!Box 6360 Cable" and the URL is avm.de/de/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_6360_Cable/index.php

Also, do you guys know any websites similar to BoxingScene but in German?

Any other piece of advice that anyone considers relevant would be welcome.

Thank you again,

derFremde

Broadcasters: ARD shows Sauerland cards. RTL shows the klits. Sat1 shows Felix Sturm.

Comment

Originally posted by derFremde View Post
      Hello everyone,

I am new here. I've been reading for a while, but this is my first post. Thank you to you all for your contributions.

I have just moved to Germany and I don't speak a word of the language yet (we use English at work). I want to learn and I think following the media, particularly boxing media, will help.

Does anyone know what TV channels air boxing related contents (not necessarily live fights) over here? I got cable TV, but only a basic package, and I am not buying any PPVs, since I can't afford it plus it's the landlord, who lives upstairs, who manages all these things. I think the product we have is this one*, but I can't find a channel list there.

(*): sorry, I can't post links yet. The product's name is "FRITZ!Box 6360 Cable" and the URL is avm.de/de/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_6360_Cable/index.php

Also, do you guys know any websites similar to BoxingScene but in German?

Any other piece of advice that anyone considers relevant would be welcome.

Thank you again,

derFremde
      I have a Fritz Box as well

In German TV you're not gonna see HBO type stuff on boxing, like 24/7 or something like that. There isn't much boxing related stuff unless it's the actual fights.

- ARD/ZDF they are airing some of the Super 6 fights (only because of Arthur Abraham), and they mostly cover german fighters, russians, turkish. So check it out, usually Saturday around 10pm they have some fights on.

- RTL, like BattlingNelson said, they are sort of the HBO in Germany only difference really it's free. They have a lot of boxing stuff on when the Klitschkos fight, they also aired the Mayweather-Hatton fight years ago but they sort of stopped doing that because they have to air the fights at around 4am and nobody is watching them at that time. So they show the Klitschko fights and usually they'll be on around 10pm as well.

- Sat1, their main guy is Felix Sturn, but they show a lot of other good fights, but not too many as of late unfortunately. When they air fights usually they do HBO type stuff, they cover the boxers for weeks leading up to the fight and so on.
      - Eurosport / Sport1, they cover a lot of boxing but mostly little known fighters. Eurosport also aired a Mayweather fight about a year ago

in terms of message boards, check these out:

http://sportforen.de/forumdisplay.php?f=6
      http://www.kampfkunst-board.info/forum/f108/

the first one seems to be pretty similar to boxing scene, very active and they talk about all the big fights. the secon link is more all around martial arts type stuff. the link posted (figosport.de) is very good for boxing news not only around germany but worldwide, they cover everything and they are very up to date

Comment

figosport.de is awesome..yes

Comment

Thank you very much for your answers!

Comment

don't worry about PPV, we dont do that. regarding the channels that show boxing everything has been said, except where to watch international fights in germany. If they show them at all, Sky Sports is the right choice for that.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X