Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Ryan Rhodes Come To Survive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hugely disappointing, as a supporter of Ryan.

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
    He fought like that a bit against Moore, then caught him and changed the fight.
    Nah, different strategies.

Rhodes decided after the first round with Moore to hang in the pocket more and ride out the storm, rather than exhaust himself with trying to constantly move against such a relentless fighter, until he could take advantage of fatigue and slowing of Moore. Here, he was just standing in front, looking, looking, waiting for a big counter opportunity, which gave Alvarez a very favorable pace to fight at and an easy target to unload on with his fast hands. Ryan needed to be first, making angles and punching, as his power relies on getting into a rhythm with his shots and finding hurtful ones the other guy doesn't see - it's what I hoped he'd try to do to at least bother Alvarez, but he didn't.

Comment

He seemed a little too content with the loss afterwards for my liking, too.

Like Alvarez being a bright young thing made him feel not so bad about falling so short from lack of endeavour.

Fighters aren't meant to think that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        I think Ryan underestimated Canelo's power.

He made those comments about Canelo being unable to KO Hatton.

He felt his power and got hessitant.

Than he told himself the kid might get tired.

By than the body-shots were taking effect.

He went for the KO late and got TKO'd.

Worst game plan since when Giuliani ran in 08.
        He didn't fight like a British fighter tonight. Very few British fighters will fail to fire back immediately in the exchanges, Rhodes failed and took big shots without reply over and over again. I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve out there, but whatever it was it didn't work. Just disappointing.

Congrats to Canelo, very accomplished performance for a 20 yr old.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          He didn't fight like a British fighter tonight. Very few British fighters will fail to fire back immediately in the exchanges, Rhodes failed and took big shots without reply over and over again. I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve out there, but whatever it was it didn't work. Just disappointing.

Congrats to Canelo, very accomplished performance for a 20 yr old.
          yeah, rhodes' plan backfired. he came in looking for the ko, which he didn't find. he then let saul get comfortable and soaked in all those punches, by the time he tried doing something it was too late. we did see some improvements by saul though, good win against a good name in his division.

Comment

Working...
          X