No announcement yet.

best ways to increase punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best ways to increase punching power?

what are the best ways to increase my punching power.. I have a punching bag at home and just do basic punching bag I see online..

I want to increase my punching power.. any advice..

Originally posted by Butler View Post
    what are the best ways to increase my punching power.. I have a punching bag at home and just do basic punching bag I see online..

I want to increase my punching power.. any advice..
    Work on technique, maximise the torque from your hips and make sure you have a strong core and legs. That's where the power comes form, not BIG Muscles
    !

Comment

any link or videos where I can find these.. I know I can google but there maybe good websites I can use instead of just googling..

Comment

To be honest, yes a good amount is technique, and that should always be paramount... But a lot of it has to do with a personal aspect.

I feel it has a lot to do with a fighters personality. We've all heard the whole "punchers are born" thing before.. and a lot of it is because it's built into their programming.

That doesn't mean you can't necessarily work on this.

Intensity/explosiveness are a couple of the traits that I feel transfer in the ring. How well a fighter commits to their shots.

Of course this is all theory (and to some, a stretch)

I've never necessarily had a problem with power.. I fortunately have always been blessed. But one method I would use was spending entire rounds just throwing left hooks, and entire rounds on right hooks. Take a slower pace, it's really about finding that sweet-spot. I know right-hooks can be a real no-no to some coaches, just don't load up and throw them.

Comment

Shadowboxing and keeping an eye on balance are good and so is repeating the same shot over and over in the heavy bag

Comment

Working...
          X