Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why did canelo come out guns a blazing before feeling out Angulo's power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with all the conspiracy theories?

Is it impossible to believe Canelo is a talented fighter? Angulo has looked like **** before against lesser opposition.

Comment

Canelo is coming off fights with Trout and Mayweather. Both do them have good movement. He fights Angulo and was probably thinking “what this guy is just going to stand right in front of me and not move his head at all!”

This fight was target practice for Canelo. When you fight Angulo you better get off first. Alvarez did that with fast accurate combinations. He hurt Angulo early and took a lot out of him.

Comment

Canelo rips to the body like a beast.

Comment

He had the confidence that those combos and big shots would set the proper tone. Which they did.

Comment

it's quite obvious ... aside from the fact that Canelo knew pero can't fight backing up ... going in pero believed that the one advantage he had over canelo was his power ... he knew he couldn't beat canelo for speed or skill, just power ... it was his only chance and his whole gameplan was built around it. By coming out hard and SHOWING Pero right from the opening bell that in fact HE not Pero was also the stronger/more powerful fighter Canelo stole Pero's only hope and with it his confidence right from the get go. After the first round Pero knew he was outmatched in EVERY department including the one area where he thought he had the advantage. He knew after that he couldn't beat him

After the first round Pero had gone from thinking I can beat this guy with my power to thinking ... I might be able to survive

Comment

Working...
            X