Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just got me curious about boxers!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This just got me curious about boxers!

I`m wondering if there is a record in history of someone, a boxer, who made it on top but he really didnt start with money as the main motivator or being financially depressed. At present, it seems like most prominent figures they all started from being really poor and whatnot, making them decide to pursue boxing as a means of livelihood. Maybe Carl Froch is one of them. Anyone else, rich-guy-boxer-turned-famous out there?

Barrera comes to mind.

He wasn't really rich, but he grew up in an upper middle class neighborhood. He's also a former law school student.

Comment

Mike Lee (Top Rank) 3-0 - Finance Degree from notre dame, www.mikeleeboxing.com

Comment

Darrell Vanhorn won a world title while attending college. I believe that he had turned pro when he was 16. I don't remember what he was majoring in but I would assume that his family was not broke..........Rockin'

Comment

Salvador Sanchez I think.

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard

Comment

Oscar dela Hoya.

Comment

Juan Diaz was also a college student I believe. But yes, it does seem that the majority come from some pretty depressed economic situations.

Comment

froch?rich and well off before boxing??.reallyyy?.

he lived/s in nottingham,or shottingham as some people call it!.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
                    froch?rich and well off before boxing??.reallyyy?.

he lived/s in nottingham,or shottingham as some people call it!.
                    well, i was under the impression that he was since he talks about running some sort of a real estate company at present (this was during his fight with abraham). so i thought figure he was kind of rich.

Comment

Working...
                    X