No announcement yet.

Port forwarding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port forwarding

Has anybody got the BT home hub? Have you tried to prioritize your connection for the Xbox 360?

I want to do this somehow because everytime somebody goes on the internet in my house it ****s my xbox connection up and I get bad lag.

Generally if you are gaming ONLINE with your 360.. it is going to need ALL of your connection to at least stay in the green online...

Even if you gave the 360 priority, it's not going to get 100% of the connection.

If you have a basic broadband setup, the 360 wil suffer regardless

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      Generally if you are gaming ONLINE with your 360.. it is going to need ALL of your connection to at least stay in the green online...

Even if you gave the 360 priority, it's not going to get 100% of the connection.

If you have a basic broadband setup, the 360 wil suffer regardless
      Ahhh thanks.

So there is no way to prioritize the connection to use more on the xbox than on the PC? And even if there is a way it won't help much?

Because every single webpage that is loaded slows down my game alot. Specially FIFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
        Ahhh thanks.

So there is no way to prioritize the connection to use more on the xbox than on the PC? And even if there is a way it won't help much?

Because every single webpage that is loaded slows down my game alot. Specially FIFA.
        Basically what I am saying is... you would have to prioritize 100% to the 360.

In other words, whoever is surfing the internet, wouldn't get ANYWHERE.

I have the same problem with my PS3... If Im gaming and I click a link on my laptop, I get lag from hell until the page is done loading.

For example, lets say you gave 75% to your 360... it still wouldnt be enough, you would still get lag.

Unless you have an upgraded connection like a T1.

Comment

Working...
        X