Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is better? Chavez Jr Chin or GGG Power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez Jr.'s chin was never tested against a puncher of GGG's level.

But, GGG's power was never tested against a fighter of Chavez Jr.'s level.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      Jr would be the best fighter GGG has fought but I'm not sure what gives first.. GGGs gas or Chavez's chin. Chavez for all the s hit we talk has a pretty good gas tank (legal lr not is a different story). Chavez also carries his power throught the whole fight. He's not like margarito at all he sits down on his punches and if its one thing he has going for himisthathes developed a mean ass left hook. Due to his size it looks brutal. He's got SOME boxing ability too (cant blame him for the Serg fight). Without bias youd have to think hard of a recet middleweight whod not been stopped by Serg let alone beat him. Didnt Serg crack Jr's orbital?

I think JR would have to be saved from himself vs GGG but only if GGG also can take the punches himself. I think an in shape JR could maybe beat GGG (due to his size and strength.). I remember Andy Lee saying JR's strength was unreal that he had never seen something like it even vs bigger dudes in the gym... Then again he was likely on that juice lol. Still, GGG seems more skilled but is he skilled ENOUGH to overcome a possible size advantage vs a guy who looks like he'd be able to take the punches? Sergio had the right style in addition to speed not found at middle. Stylistically, aside from the power GGG isnt a horrible matchup vs jR.

I favor GGG with a dedicated body attack against a lazy JR but a motivated jR? 50/50 maybe even 45/55 for Jr!!! Only because I need to see GGG vs someone bigger than him with power who can take it, has the will and will bring it all night for a change (hes always bigger and stronger, not jr status but he is).

P4p I like GGG better but jury still out on GGG.
      Andy Lee was stopped by Vera, and barely made it past some club fighter last year. He's frail. Chavez has 2 stoppages in his last 9 fights, he's not this lazy beast youre talking about

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        a punch always beats a chin.............................................. .....................................
        Without a doubt....

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Andy Lee was stopped by Vera, and barely made it past some club fighter last year. He's frail. Chavez has 2 stoppages in his last 9 fights, he's not this lazy beast youre talking about
          I'm a little amazed you guys are discussing this fight in such a serious manner....

Chavez just isn't that good.

GGG is far superior in just about every attribute you can imagine. Speed, footwork, power, ring generalship, ring intelligence, workrate.......There's nothing that stops Chavez from getting stopped in this fight....

Comment

Working...
          X