Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Jr. beat Marquez already FOLKS WAKE UP!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
    Exactly , there is only 4 pounds between them same as JMM vs Manny and Manny had lots of trouble , to write off JMM a great fighter in his best career form is trying to belittle Floyd on a win , how can they say Floyd vs Manny is THE FIGHT yet JMM gave Manny fits while the 3 are all weighing within 3-4 pound of each other on the night they fight , its some kinda crazy ignorant **** going down from supposed fight fans .
    Dude styles make fights and also styles make fighters look good. Marquez is a counter puncher, Pacquiao is a come forward type fighter. Dont you think Marquez is gonna look good against Pacquiaos aggressive, come forward style.

Floyd not much of an aggressive come forward fighter, hit and move type fighter. Floyd wont engage in toe to toe wars, doesnt play the Macho ok hit me roll, Floyd is a hit and dont get hit fighter.

Hatton vs. Pac. Hatton is a come forward lets brawl fighter and so is Pac. Hatton style makes Pac look good cause Hatton aint no Marquez where Marquez sits and waits for you to throw then gets you.

Its gets me how alot of people are blinded by these facts.

Comment

Originally posted by THRILLA77 View Post
      u'll see on july 18th.....
      So what your saying is that Marquez wins this one?

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        Ok by the looks of your Avatar is clear you like Judah and answers this, did Judah give Floyd problems?

Does Marquez and Judah have similar styles?

I didnt mention anything about Floyd being bigger at all, I mentioned the fact that Marquez has to put on more weight and he aint even fast at 135 or has serious power what more 143-144?

Sure Marquez puts up a fight, I was never saying he sits there like a sitting duck but Floyds EGO prevents him from looking stupid by getting beat by a lightweight fighter.
        JMM fought Manny and stopped Casa and Diaz weighing 144 on fight night .

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
          JMM fought Manny and stopped Casa and Diaz weighing 144 on fight night .
          Yes Marquez stopped Diaz and Casa FACT 100% agree and I acknowledged that but again Casa was OLD AGAIN OLD and Diaz is a pressure fighter who throws volumes rather then precise shots AND BOTH OF THESE FIGHTERS ARE NOT ON FLOYDS LEVEL. WAKE UP

Fact: Marquez had problems adjusting to both Casa and J.Diaz AT THAT HIGHER WEIGHT, Diaz even rocked Marquez at times. WHAT MORE MAYWEATHER.

Comment

so what your saying is that marquez wins this one?
            u never no.......

Comment

Originally posted by thrilla77 View Post
              u never no.......
              All my points vs. all your points floyd takes this!!! Thats how confident i am. You down?

Comment

Wow your a Floyd fan and your telling me Marquez has a better chance at beating Floyd then those guys mention? Under what simple fact? That he's a counterpuncher, cause he dont got 1 KO pop at 135, he aint fast. Those three you mentioned are probably the only ones I would say that can give Floyd his for "L" and also Williams.
                Marquez is a very versitile fighter....he has the rare ability to change and adjust during a tough fight he did it twice against Pacman and against Cassamayor and Diaz. He's a supremely inteliigent fighter and accurate puncher and is probably just as smart as Mayweather...

As for Floyds speed not a problem Marquez has shown he can handle speed...If Marquez can carry the weight well its a pretty even fight IMO....also Floyds been off 16 months.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roxas View Post
                  Marquez is a very versitile fighter....he has the rare ability to change and adjust during a tough fight he did it twice against Pacman and against Cassamayor and Diaz. He's a supremely inteliigent fighter and accurate puncher and is probably just as smart as Mayweather...

As for Floyds speed not a problem Marquez has shown he can handle speed...If Marquez can carry the weight well its a pretty even fight IMO....also Floyds been off 16 months.....
                  Its easy to adjust to fighters when there doing the same things over and over, hence Pacs jab jab left all day long in his fights with Marquez and Diaz's come forward style both of these fighters make Marquez look good. AGAIN STYLES MAKE FIGHTS

I acknowledged Marquez's ring smarts and his capabilities in my first post already. I also presented the fact that Marquez had to adjust to both bigger fighters and KO's over them WHERE NOT in a one sided affair. He had problems against both bigger men.

Floyd is not one dimensional, Floyd will not come forward swinging looping hooks, not throw sequences of jab jab straight lefts, and will do his best not to get hit after he lands his shots. Floyd has multiple ways of scoring. Him being off for 16 months wont be much of an issue since Marquez isnt a pressure come forward southpaw type fighter where Floyd would have to use more defense then offense.
                  Last edited by trainhard_187; 05-18-2009, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Lets be real boxing fans, Marquez huggers, Floyd Huggers, Marquez haters, Floyd haters. FLOYD WON THIS FIGHT, its in the bag already.

Now I aint knocking Marquez cause the man handles adversity like no other, best counter puncher in the game, smart, and precise punching but really he is facing Floyd Mayweather who has held the P4P#1 title for awhile prior to Pac. The only style Floyd has problems with are fast southpaw fighters, (Judah, Corely) and Marquez just isnt that. Marquez doesnt even have KO power to hurt Floyd.

Now we all can complain and say well Floyds ducking him blah blah blah, but the fights already signed and delivered so who cares. Floyd is making Marquez move up 9-10lbs above lightweight and as good as an ending Marquez had against Diaz and Casa, Marquez STILL HAD TROUBLE with those LW fighters. Please dont tell me Marquez dominated every round which he didnt.

FLOYD BEAT MARQUEZ ALREADY and I dont know whys theres so much hype about this fight because Floyd is suppose to beat him.
                    I agree with most of your post except that Mayweather only has trouble with fast southpaws. He had trouble with Oscar and Castillo too, remember?

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBrawler View Post
                      I agree with most of your post except that Mayweather only has trouble with fast southpaws. He had trouble with Oscar and Castillo too, remember?
                      Lord knows why Oscar didn't keep pumping the jab after the 6th. I guess being old and inactive will do that to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X