Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Vitali Klitschko a durable fighter? I don't think he is.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Vitali Klitschko a durable fighter? I don't think he is.

He got a good chin, that's for sure and he got some good boxing skills.
    ButI don't feel he's a durable fighter. The two times he was pushed to the limit, his body failed him both times.
    Against Byrd, his shoulder gave out due to a variety of factors. Against old Lennox, the only time he took serious damage to the face, his face fell apart.
    Vitali is definitely an ATG Heavyweight, but I do not feel that he is durable at all. His history of injuries and his weak skin imo would have always kept him from being a top tier fighter in an era like the 90's.

Wladimir actually cuts easy as well. This is a big weakness that would have been much more noticeable in a tougher era. There is no indication that Vitali or Wlad's face will hold up if he fought someone like a Prime Bowe or someone like an aggressive Holyfield.
    I think people under estimate just how great Lewis was as a cutter. If you watch Morrison and Tyson against Lewis, you will notice very very similar cuts in terms of place/angle. Vitali's cut was just much bigger and deeper, but the place of the actual cut was the same as Morrison's and Tyson's.
    I believe Lennox might have cut Vitali again in a rematch.

Solid chin but fragile skin and body in general, noT what I'd class as durable. Rarely been pushed either.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
      He got a good chin, that's for sure and he got some good boxing skills.
      ButI don't feel he's a durable fighter. The two times he was pushed to the limit, his body failed him both times.
      Against Byrd, his shoulder gave out due to a variety of factors. Against old Lennox, the only time he took serious damage to the face, his face fell apart.
      Vitali is definitely an ATG Heavyweight, but I do not feel that he is durable at all. His history of injuries and his weak skin imo would have always kept him from being a top tier fighter in an era like the 90's.

Wladimir actually cuts easy as well. This is a big weakness that would have been much more noticeable in a tougher era. There is no indication that Vitali or Wlad's face will hold up if he fought someone like a Prime Bowe or someone like an aggressive Holyfield.
      I think people under estimate just how great Lewis was as a cutter. If you watch Morrison and Tyson against Lewis, you will notice very very similar cuts in terms of place/angle. Vitali's cut was just much bigger and deeper, but the place of the actual cut was the same as Morrison's and Tyson's.
      I believe Lennox might have cut Vitali again in a rematch.
      came into the thread looking to disagree but you are right, his body and skin have let him down before.

Still has an iron chin though.

Comment

We don't know enough, we've only got the lennox fight to go on. Byrd could have been a complete coincidence. Although both brothers are prone to injuries and problems in the past.

Comment

I think you are probably right.

Vitali's somehow fragile body is his main disadvantage. I believe he would won both fights (Lennox and Byrd) if this wasn't the case. Problems with injuries was the main reason why he spent his best years in retirement.

I remember when Lennox was commenting on HBO during Vitali's fight against Soils. He was asked what is Vitali's greatest flaw and he said it's his skin which cuts pretty easy. Emanuel told Lennox to push his jabs as hard as possible to Vitali's face.

I think I read somewhere that white fighter's skins are more prone to cuts.

Comment

I think you are probably right.

Vitali's somehow fragile body is his main disadvantage. I believe he would won both fights (Lennox and Byrd) if this wasn't the case. Problems with injuries was the main reason why he spent his best years in retirement.

I remember when Lennox was commenting on HBO during Vitali's fight against Soils. He was asked what is Vitali's greatest flaw and he said it's his skin which cuts pretty easy. Emanuel told Lennox to push his jabs as hard as possible to Vitali's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              Black people generally have tougher skin.

There was a thread in NSB a while back. It got drowned in racism accusations even though it was a scientific paper with proof to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                came into the thread looking to disagree but you are right, his body and skin have let him down before.

Still has an iron chin though.
                Idk about his chin being iron, the two hardest hitters he's ever faced he was rocked badly and both guys were already way past it. He hasn't been down but he shouldn't considering his best career win is over a blown up LHW.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Idk about his chin being iron, the two hardest hitters he's ever faced he was rocked badly and both guys were already way past it. He hasn't been down but he shouldn't considering his best career win is over a blown up LHW.
                  Any heavyweight who has never been down is impressive, when boxing in the highest division anyone can get hurt.

Sanders was a quick hard hitting southpaw, he had the potential to hurt anybody.

And if your refering to Lewis for the other one, was he ever properly hurt in that fight? Stunned at times maybe, but his legs were always sturdy.

Comment

Working...
                  X