No announcement yet.

Gatti Exhumed for second autopsy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatti Exhumed for second autopsy

MONTREAL (AP) - Boxer Arturo Gatti's body has been exhumed, and the Quebec coroner's office will perform a new autopsy at his family's request.

Gilles Ethier, deputy chief coroner of the western part of the Province of Quebec, says Gatti's body is presently at the Montreal morgue.

The autopsy is scheduled to be performed Saturday morning. Ethier says the family has retained an American pathologist who will be present and assist with the autopsy.

Brazilian police say Gatti hanged himself with a handbag strap from a staircase column more than seven feet off the ground. Until Thursday, they insisted it was a homicide and the boxer's wife was the primary suspect.

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
    MONTREAL (AP) - Boxer Arturo Gatti's body has been exhumed, and the Quebec coroner's office will perform a new autopsy at his family's request.

Gilles Ethier, deputy chief coroner of the western part of the Province of Quebec, says Gatti's body is presently at the Montreal morgue.

The autopsy is scheduled to be performed Saturday morning. Ethier says the family has retained an American pathologist who will be present and assist with the autopsy.

Brazilian police say Gatti hanged himself with a handbag strap from a staircase column more than seven feet off the ground. Until Thursday, they insisted it was a homicide and the boxer's wife was the primary suspect.
    Hopefully we find out once and for all what really happened to him!!

Comment

The evidence they gave at first is what threw everyone off. Thought he was found in a bed? How could she not know he was on the floor all that time. And why would he do that to himself over her, just seems kinda fishy.

Comment

wow... hopefully they figure out the truth and give his family closure...

Comment

Good.

This will probably show the truth.The emotional distress is great.

Comment

Yeah, something tells me we're going to see different findings in Montreal and this thing is going to blow up. Not to say that I'm convinced of a Brazilian conspiracy as many others are, but I do find it strange that the Brazilian authorities were absolutely convinced of his wife's guilt in the early going. The initial reports seemed to declare pretty unequivocally that he was murdered. It's amazing to me that they would say something like that if there was any doubt at all that it could have been a suicide. What kinds of cops are these?

Comment

A purse strap hanging is just stupid. Makes no sense to me. Brazil is covering some **** up cause this chick gave them some head.

Canada will figure out how he really died because that **** is just ******ed what Brazil is throwing at us.

Comment

Arturo was a warrior i could never see him run away from his life like that,he had just retired had a baby daughter and had a good amount of loot from selling out the taj so many times,makes no since to me i think the girl met some goons and killed him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
                  The evidence they gave at first is what threw everyone off. Thought he was found in a bed? How could she not know he was on the floor all that time. And why would he do that to himself over her, just seems kinda fishy.
                  I'm thinking the staircase is near the bed.

While she's in the other room he hangs himself falls to the floor cuts his head open .
                  Later she comes in and doesn't notice that he's on the floor on the other side of the bed.

Just a thought of how it could play out if in fact this story is true.

Comment

dam that must be tough for family but it gotta be don

Comment

Working...
                    X