No announcement yet.

It is a shame when logic is ignored on boxing boards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
    Lucky decides close fights (super six fights good example), Adversity is required again when one is under the cosh or its really tight. But you know, you post granite chin, does mayweather ever try to ko anyone or hurt someone? no, he just looks to land and score...

power is one factor but is it not derailed by movement and defence?
    Well Mosley's ability to take a punch means he almost definitely won't be discouraged by being caught on the way in or being countered all night, which leaves him with much more wiggle room in actually getting to Floyd and making him uncomfortable. They are in a 20x20 ring after all, and it usually takes an effective offense working in unison with a tight defense to really keep an opponent off you.

Power is the ultimate equaliser. Mosley may not land often but he will land, and Mayweather has to be able to take that.

Comment

You know what is great about boxing because it kind of has match ups like in arcade games, you get the best and most likely to win playing an underdog and everyone has a fantasy of the under dog winning and becoming bigger than he ever was.

For the record I support neither Floyd or Pacman.

Now on a different forum and to mates, I said Pacman would beat Cotto down in a one sided fight, lets just say I was hugely criticised for it and called every name under the son, why?

because Cotto was

1- fan favourite

2- peoples fantasy got the better of them

3 - the underdog

why do people continue to defy logic? why not pick a boxer focusing on comparing a fighters skills, speed, power, offense, defense and so on. instead they use their dreams? in the real world dreams are crushed 99 percent of the time, fantasy only belong in movies, not in the real world.

Brings me onto to floyd vs mosley

I am absolutely outstanding at the ignorance of boxing fans who think mosley will beat floyd, these same fans then say mosley will beat pac. Right, and pigs fly?

Mosley is a 39 year old man trying to earn his last buck before he hangs up his boots, forget who the fan fav is, forget who the underdog is, forget who the fantasy fighter being a super hero is.

Lets compare movement = Floyd, Speed = Floyd, Defence = Floyd, Foot Movement = Floyd, Head Movement = Floyd, Jab = Floyd

Combination punching = Mosley, Power = Mosley

Really? Really? Really? people honestly expect Mosley to win? people are actually thinking it is a true 50-50 or 40-60 fight?

I can understand at times when you support a guy so much you want him to win but then actually to actually not realise how good the other guy is and then pretending to act all shocked after a fight their star man got brutally outclassed is stupid.

I was shocked at the reaction to what fans said when pacman beat Cotto, its like they were shocked, wait they were? did these people not compare the boxers attributes?

Now please dont be shocked when Floyd outpoints Mosley easily around 8 rounds to 4 or 10 rounds 2, it is happening, dont make stupid threads saying how shocked you are and how great floyd is, think logically and you will not be surprised at all.

On the record, this Sunday (Sat for some), Mosley will be sent into retirement.
      Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      It's not always as simple as comparing attributes, otherwise we'd just decide winners based on fact-files and not even bother letting these guys fight each other. Mosley actually does have several attributes that could potentially trouble Floyd like his granite chin and power, but what's often the decider in fights of such a high magnitude is the intangibles. Immeasurable qualities like the will to win, the ability to overcome adversity, luck on the night, etc.
      i agree with both of you to an extent....

mayweather will be too much for mosley, and beat him probably bad....b/c IMO, he's just the better fighter.

at the same time, we can measure attributes, but different things come to play over the course of a fight, such as will, heart, and determination....which CAN'T be measured.

i'm just saying, how many "attributes" did miguel cotto have favorably, compared to antonio margarito?

let the fighters fight. don't discredit a dude before he even steps into the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        Well Mosley's ability to take a punch means he almost definitely won't be discouraged by being caught on the way in or being countered all night, which leaves him with much more wiggle room in actually getting to Floyd and making him uncomfortable. They are in a 20x20 ring after all, and it usually takes an effective offense working in unison with a tight defense to really keep an opponent off you.

Power is the ultimate equaliser. Mosley may not land often but he will land, and Mayweather has to be able to take that.
        Fair enough but please dont be shocked if floyd totally dominated mosley. I will be shocked if that doesnt happen.

Comment

Fair enough but please dont be shocked if floyd totally dominated mosley. I will be shocked if that doesnt happen.
          Nah I won't be, I'm a big Floyd fan and I'm thinking he'll walk away with a decision, but it's far from a foregone conclusion for me.

Comment

As I predicted...

Comment

Working...
            X