Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jennings and Fury proved Ali would have gaped open Wladimir.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always felt Wlad couldn't deal with movement..Jennings imo would have beating Wlad with better movement but he just isn't that type of fighter...I wanted a small fighter with power n movement to show up n beat Wlad but there isn't on in da heavyweight class...once Fury vs Wlad got made it knew Fury could win bc of his movement reach power n height..just didn't think it was gonna be da easy..I mainly wanted to see da adjustments Wlad would make but he never did done...no work in da inside just held. .no jab to da body.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      I thought the same thing but the major factor in the current HW division vs the passed is size. Look at Klitchko vs Fury, a 2inch height/reach was hard for Klitchko to overcome and he is 6'7" himself. In my heart i picture ali & louis beating Klitchko but physically theyd have been at a HUGE disadvantage.
      Physical attributes aren't exclusive to height alone. Ali was a better overall athlete in nearly every other category. And he had pedigree, been tested both physically and mentally, unlike nearly every heavyweight today. He wouldn't hesitate to dart inside Klitschko's reach and he had the hand and foot speed to do it. Ali and Louis weren't the same kind of fighters so lumping them together because of size is useless. And irrelevant given their styles.

Comment

Skip to 2:22 to see how prime Ali would neutralise any version of Wladimir.

Last edited by Vadrigar.; 11-29-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spanishboxing View Post
          I always felt Wlad couldn't deal with movement..Jennings imo would have beating Wlad with better movement but he just isn't that type of fighter...I wanted a small fighter with power n movement to show up n beat Wlad but there isn't on in da heavyweight class...once Fury vs Wlad got made it knew Fury could win bc of his movement reach power n height..just didn't think it was gonna be da easy..I mainly wanted to see da adjustments Wlad would make but he never did done...no work in da inside just held. .no jab to da body.
          Wlad wasn't completely helpless against more mobile fighters. He handled prime Chris Byrd just fine, and handled a speedy guy with power in Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
            Jennings and Fury looked like the were trying to implement moronic mutations of the styles Ali used. It worked. Jennings put up a great show and Fury actually beat Wlad.
            Awkward movement and lateral fleet of foot+weird angled punches seem to confuse Wlad. Big Lummox that he is.

Lewis would have also kayoed any version of Wlad. But that's just due to being a better version of Wlad himself.
            Yea just like Holmes showed how to pick apart aged Ali?

Comment

Joke thread.

Comment

Er... What was Ali doing when he was 39??? Not sure he was that great then. Dumbest thread ever. Those fights prove nothing. Plus Ali was tiny compared to Wlad. Wlad would have leant on him and had reach advantage.

Having said that, Ali is a greater fighter than Wlad, he dominated his era and won fights people never thought he could (Foreman,Liston)
                Last edited by Roberto Vasquez; 11-29-2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Wlad wasn't completely helpless against more mobile fighters. He handled prime Chris Byrd just fine, and handled a speedy guy with power in Haye.
                  Byrd used head n waist movement..stay basically in da pocket vs Wlad...he had good boxing skills. .but he didn't really uses his legs to move around da ring like Fury did. ..Haye was just power. .he ain't a good boxer. .vs Wlad he didn't use no jab or movement. .he was swinging for a home run all nite..not trying to set up anything...for a small fighter no beat Wlad he needs all type of movements..something similar like Tyson. .imo Wlad can win a rematch if he jabs to da body. .n do some work in da inside..he needs to fight like the smaller guy he is vs Fury

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    haye is an ambush fighter. he stays way out of range and tries to jump in to land...Haye has horrible footwork and relies on this strategy exclusively.

Byrd is a good fighter with a few tricks up his sleeve but does not have much footspeed or particularly good movement.

All these guys need to set to throw. jennings also.

Try to get this concept regarding Ali because it it missed on these threads...and I say this independent of what opinions are regarding Ali against anyone. ALI did not need to have his feet set to throw his lead...In other words, much like Ray Robinson, Roy Jones, etc Ali could be on his back leg, able to react to anything you could throw, from any reach advantage...and suddenly Boom! with no telegraphing you are hit. When Ali threw a lead hand punch it could be a jab, or a punch that landed from almost across the ring.

Guys like Haye cannot even step and punch like Liston (for example) could. Frazier caught Ali because he had the skill set to allow him to step in when Ali was going straight back, and as he was stepping uncork his hook.

Another example: look at how Jones caught Toney. Toney could never predict when Roy would fire because....like ali, Jones didn't need to set his feet to throw his punch. These are skills that develop and are lacking in many fighters today.
                    Last edited by billeau2; 11-29-2015, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X