No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. is Back in Superfight Driver’s Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wynnin View Post
    Manny himself said he would take a smaller purse to make the fight why is he backing out of what HE said! And manny never made close to 40mil in any of his other fights
    Bob Arum's pride is hurting Manny Pacquioa's pockets.... Pacquioa wont get close to 40 million with out Floyd while Floyd is breaking records.... Pac's already going broke according to Freddie Roach... Do your research, top right hand corner in tbe google search engine... It's well documented

Comment

Originally posted by wengz2002 View Post
      i don't know if there's anyone in their right mind would accept mayweathers offer if they're in pacquiao's shoes!

Floyd stop all the crap! If not, just go away please!
      if i usually got $8-15 mil per regular fight and was offered 40mil after i stated id take less of the purse then id take it but i would want some of that ppv money pac does at least deserve a percentage of the ppv, but floyd and arum have some issues, arum owes floyd money, they have a lawsuite against him also.. Im sure all these things play a part in it all!

Comment

I'M HOPING HBO TO STEP UP!

They should reject Pac or Mayweather's fights if the two are not fighting one another!

We know that HBO still can make lots of money even if both fighters are not fighting each other!!! But HBO should do the right thing here!!!

Boxing has given lot of things to the company already...
        I THINK IT'S TIME FOR HBO TO GIVE BACK TO PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS SUPPORTS THEM!

Comment

The following demand is laughable. Floyd Mayweather wants to guarantee Pacquiao $40 million for the fight without any other revenue stream (including gate receipts) going to the latter. This bogus offer is merely an attempt to humiliate the other party, and not a valid attempt at good faith negotiations.

The Filipino could get a higher guarantee from other investors and still negotiate for gate receipts and back-end (i.e., pay-per-view) revenue for his camp, as well as, Top Rank. With this demand, Mayweather is essentially saying "I'll only fight you if you take much less money and your promoter has to accept what amounts to close to nothing."

From a business standpoint, this is a ludicrous position. Who came up with this?
          You're ludicrous... Here's the proof, Pac cant make 40 million anywhere else ....Heck, he cant not even get close to it.... Here's what else is ludicrous FROM A BUSINESS STANDPOINT SCHOLAR, Turning down 40 to make half of that for the same amount of work.... Dont hate on Floyd because he gets paid alot more to do less... skme athletes are saavy and some not to the extent of others

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
            if i usually got $8-15 mil per regular fight and was offered 40mil after i stated id take less of the purse then id take it but i would want some of that ppv money pac does at least deserve a percentage of the ppv, but floyd and arum have some issues, arum owes floyd money, they have a lawsuite against him also.. Im sure all these things play a part in it all!
            Absolutely... Great points,

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              WHy do you have to make things up. Every real fan on this board knows Shane refused to fighfloyd back then and cotto's team went in a different direction. Can't you guys hate floyd but post true facts.
              MOsley didn't refuse. he was answering a question from a reporter as to whether he'd fight Mayweather next. I think it was just after a Vargas fight. Mosley said he'd already long arranged a vacation with his family who, he hadn't seen for months, andalso needed dental attention for a loose front tooth. That was all, he neither refused not accepted. There was no offer. it was a journalist's question.

I don't recall Mosley ever actually refusing any fight from any fighter/manager. He fought everybody, never ducked anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jtiger777 View Post
                If you're Floyd Mayweather Jr (and you got 32M as highest highest pay) then I Offer you 50M flat, would you accept it?????

I think you are not stupid, right??? Not Unless you're Floydiot!
                Last edited by wengz2002; 05-08-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

With the recent loss to JMM the fans have ran from Manny and that stock plummeted. There is still no buzz for his fight. This is a 60/40 fight in Floyd favor whether you want to accept it or not Floyd is in the driver seat.

Comment

If you're Floyd Mayweather Jr (and you got 32M as highest highest pay) then I Offer you 50M flat, would you accept it?????

I think you are not stupid, right??? Unless you're Floydiot!
                    name calling is not needed this is just a boxing debate bro

but we are talking about pac and the $40 mil the numbers u just threw at me make no sense nor do they have anything to do with the convo. pac is not in the position to offer anyone anything because he has a boss/promoter who gets a percentage of what he makes off top... what was pac mans biggest purse up to date... do u know?

Comment

Originally posted by coolka View Post
                      Below is the list of Cotto's weight prior to his Pacquiao bout:

2008-07-26 147 Antonio Margarito 147
                      2009-02-21 147 Michael Jennings 146½
                      2009-06-13 146 Joshua Clottey 147
                      2009-11-14 145 Manny Pacquiao 145

Pacquiao on the other hand came from a 140lb weight cat. after he demolished Ricky Hatton before facing Cotto. Hope your rusty brain would understand these facts. Weight drain? You kidding me!
                      Pac did nothing new, most 147 fighters came from lower weights. It's a natural progression in boxing as the body fills out.

Comment

Working...
                      X