Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the WBC strip Canelo of his title before the Amir Khan fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know its not going to happen but I hope Khan makes this coward look like a bumbling fool when they fight.

Comment

No. Absolutely not. You only strip a champion for what he actually does and not for what he says. They already gave him permission to fight Khan. If Canelo refuses to fight GGG at the full 160 pound weight limit in his next fight after Khan then he should indeed be striped of his title. Middleweight has been 160 for the last 100 years. Enough of Martinez, Cotto and Canelo defending the world middleweight title at catchweights below 160 pounds. All middleweight title fights should be at 160 and not an ounce less and no rehydrating clauses either. If the WBC lets Canelo continue to refuse to fight GGG at 160 pounds after the Khan fight without striping him they will become a joke. But they would be wrong to strip him now. Let Canelo actually break the rules first and then strip him if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        I know its not going to happen but I hope Khan makes this coward look like a bumbling fool when they fight.
        He is really no more of a coward than Jacobs or Saunders. They wouldn't fight GGG at any weight.

Comment

If the WBC is going to strip Canelo, why wouldn't they collect their 3% first?

Comment

I swear ya'll just want GGG handed another title...what will that prove?

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
              it doesnt matter what happens, you will whine either way.

If GGG stands firm on the 160 weight and Canelo gets stripped or vacates, you will say GGG is a paper champion

If GGG actually tries to compromise and make a deal, you will say he just wants money and doesnt care about the unification

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
                GGG won his WBC title in the ring. If the full champion refuses to face him and gets stripped, GGG will rightfully get upgraded.

Considering Canelo continues to fight at 155, which for non-title fights is actually considered superwelterweight, I personally would have preferred for GGG to refuse a step aside fee. He would have already been the WBC champion long ago.

Canelo can't make superwelterweight forever. He'd have to face GGG eventually. GGG played this all wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  so if they do strip him, or if he vacates (no need to vacate if they arent going to strip him, right?) then does that mean its YOU who is stupid?
                  Yes. That is exactly what it means. However, if I am right, then it means YOU are the dumbest poster in the history of this message board! When I am proven right, I would bet that you will suddenly have nothing else to say about this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    it doesnt matter what happens, you will whine either way.

If GGG stands firm on the 160 weight and Canelo gets stripped or vacates, you will say GGG is a paper champion

If GGG actually tries to compromise and make a deal, you will say he just wants money and doesnt care about the unification
                    What?? i want to see him actually fight good fighters,**** those paper ass titles...He needs to step up sacrifice and get the big fights

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                      GGG won his WBC title in the ring. If the full champion refuses to face him and gets stripped, GGG will rightfully get upgraded.

Considering Canelo continues to fight at 155, which for non-title fights is actually considered superwelterweight, I personally would have preferred for GGG to refuse a step aside fee. He would have already been the WBC champion long ago.

Canelo can't make superwelterweight forever. He'd have to face GGG eventually. GGG played this all wrong.
                      won the WBC title in the ring?? Rubio was not and never was the WBC champion..he was handed a interim title against Domenico Spada..yea i know WHO????

Comment

Working...
                      X