If you watch Jacobs-Quillin in slow motion you see Quillin was robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Monzon and Hagler both were born decades earlier just to duck Quillin
    correct. It was the ultimate duck. Unprecedented duckage.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I'm still wondering who the white dude was with the hair that made don kings hair look tidy. I think he was a part of Jacobs team. His hair was all over the place lol
      That was really doc brown from back to the future

Comment

Quillin was robbed, that wasn't Jacobs fighting him, it was Kovalev painted in black and put some big ears on...is the only way Quillin is getting rocked.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          Except in a post fight interview Quillin said he was KO'd and it was God's plan. Honestly...with 1/2 a round left to go I'd of hated to see what was going to happen to him had it gone on...Jacobs was in kill mode.
          The ref didn't make the call after a post-fight interview, he made it after Quillin re-gained his balance. I would have liked to have seen a count. I wouldn't argue letting it continue and stopping immediately if Quillen took any more damage. But, the time at which it ended, right after the guy steadies himself, that's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            The ref didn't make the call after a post-fight interview, he made it after Quillin re-gained his balance. I would have liked to have seen a count. I wouldn't argue letting it continue and stopping immediately if Quillen took any more damage. But, the time at which it ended, right after the guy steadies himself, that's bad.
            But Quillin knew he was KO'd...the ref knew...most people who saw it knew...what's the point? It could have had a very bad ending and Quillin said it's the ref's job not to let that happen...he had no problem with the call.
            Last edited by jaded; 12-07-2015, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I promised I was going to keep this on the DL, but i see its gotten way to big to keep it quiet. Here's the inside scoop:

Quillin was never really even hurt. What happened was Jacobs wife snuck up to the ring and smeared margarine on the canvas where Quillin was standing, which made him lose his balance. Then, someone else distracted Harvey Dock long enough for Jacobs son to climb on the apron and put a pair of these funny eye glasses on Quillin, and then Dock stopped the fight.

I think with this info being made public, Quillin should have no problem getting the result changed to a no contest.

Comment

Quillin forgot to take his dose of saltwater prior to the fight!

Comment

Jacobs stepped on his foot while the payed off ref looked the other way, then once he got hit he really was hurting Jacobs but the biased Showtime crew was only focusing on the missed punches Jacobs was throwing. Quillin really won this fight slow motion proves this
                  You sound like a Pacquaio fan Larry.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                    But Quillin knew he was KO'd...the ref knew...most people who saw it knew...what's the point? It could have had a very bad ending and Quillin said it's the ref's job not to let that happen...he had no problem with the call.
                    I don't know any other way to explain it to you other than to repeat myself. Based on your logic, fights should be stopped based on knock downs. The fact is that people wanted to see Quillin lose and that's why they're ok with it. What Larry said was correct and that's three point of the thread, not how people felt about it afterward.

Comment

Jacobs stepped on his foot while the payed off ref looked the other way, then once he got hit he really was hurting Jacobs but the biased Showtime crew was only focusing on the missed punches Jacobs was throwing. Quillin really won this fight slow motion proves this
                      Plus, Jacobs 'ran' and hugged all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X