No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Feels Dedicated Pacquiao Can Bounce Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Feels Dedicated Pacquiao Can Bounce Back

During a recent conversation with top pound-for-pound boxer Nonito Donaire, I asked him for his thoughts on whether Manny Pacquiao should hang up his gloves after his devastating knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez. The super bantamweight nicknamed "The Filipino Flash", who has a big fight this weekend in Houston against Mexico's Jorge Arce, responded by saying Pacquiao still has the goods to get back to his old form, but needs to rededicate himself to the sport of boxing.

[Click Here To Read More]

I've stated for a very long time Pac will never box FM, this confirms it..FM probably would'nt stop him but would expose him for all the things Roach can't do w/him..FM vs Alvarez is the $$ bout but no way GBP lets him in vs Floyd, it's all talk..that's why Alvarez wanted Cotto(forget Trout, it won't happen this year) he knew he was finished...

Comment

I believe Pacquaio still possesses the physical qualities of old, but I don't believe the drive remains, and even in the aftermath of the KO, I don't see that drive ever truly coming back.

Comment

He may bounce back but he will not be the same. What people need to understand is while all of these fighters I list are very talented, they are different types of fighters: Bhop, RJJ, Pac, Floyd, JMM, Gamboa, Ward.
        The two types are
        1- technical, skilled, boxing fundamental based, thinking fighters (Bhop, Ward, Floyd, JMM).
        2- athletic, explosive, fast reflex, quick footed fighters (RJJ, Pac, Gamboa).

The type 1 fighters will have longer successful careers and can fight later in life because they rely on muscle memory, skill and ring intelligence. The type 2 fighters have shorter successful careers because what makes them so great, are the main things that disappear with age. Pac is going to go the way of RJJ if he continues to fight, mark my word. He needs to either retire or take an easier fight or two, then retire on a victory. He is another KO waiting to happen if he continues because he never had the skillset or defensive skills to avoid punishment. His defensive liabilities and slower reflexes are going to betray him even more if he keeps fighting. Once RJJ's reflexes slowed down, he was a sitting duck. Pac will be the same soon if he keeps fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
          He may bounce back but he will not be the same. What people need to understand is while all of these fighters I list are very talented, they are different types of fighters: Bhop, RJJ, Pac, Floyd, JMM, Gamboa, Ward.
          The two types are
          1- technical, skilled, boxing fundamental based, thinking fighters (Bhop, Ward, Floyd, JMM).
          2- athletic, explosive, fast reflex, quick footed fighters (RJJ, Pac, Gamboa).

The type 1 fighters will have longer successful careers and can fight later in life because they rely on muscle memory, skill and ring intelligence. The type 2 fighters have shorter successful careers because what makes them so great, are the main things that disappear with age. Pac is going to go the way of RJJ if he continues to fight, mark my word. He needs to either retire or take an easier fight or two, then retire on a victory. He is another KO waiting to happen if he continues because he never had the skillset or defensive skills to avoid punishment. His defensive liabilities and slower reflexes are going to betray him even more if he keeps fighting. Once RJJ's reflexes slowed down, he was a sitting duck. Pac will be the same soon if he keeps fighting.
          I think people have been overanalyzing this. If Pacquiao didn't get knocked out in the way that he did, would as many people be saying what they're saying now?

Pacquiao was beating Marquez soundly, until the fateful punch. If there was a time for people to urge Pacquiao to retire, it was when he fought Bradley, or Marquez the third time. He looked tentative, and boxed too cautiously.

Indeed, Pacquiao looked really good this time--a reminder of when he was still climbing up the ladder years ago. He simply got caught by an intelligent counterpuncher. And we all know what happens when one's hit by a punch that he didn't see.

Pacquiao has plenty of athleticism left in him to continue to fight. This is not the time to retire on that basis.

For people who now are making fun of Pacquiao's loss: Please acknowledge that, win or lose, to your eyes, Pacquiao can do nothing right. Nothing he does will earn your respect. (Not even admiration--I'm talking about basic respect for any man who risks life and well-being by stepping inside the ring.)

Comment

Working...
          X