Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson, Pavlik, or Johnson: Who would have the best chance of beating Calzaghe??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Styles make fights and I'd go with the one with the highest workrate out of em, but still think Calzaghe would win. Oh, and Dawson already lost to Johnson, which is nothing wrong with that but he isn't truly undefeated in alot of peoples minds... 80 percent of people believe johnson won that fight against dawson, or so says the showtime poll they had.

Comment

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post
      It's hard to say. If I chose "nobody" then I'd be labeled a 'nuthugger' (BoxingScene needs to censor this pathetic word), but I honestly don't see those guys beating him convincingly.

Pavlik shouldn't even be on the list, it's an insult to a Calzaghe. That would be Lacy-Calzaghe II, possibly even worse because Pavlik is white (no disrespect to white people) so he might end up looking a bloody mess.

I would probably say Dawson and Johnson could give Joe a great fight, but it's hard for me to see them coming out with a win. I think even a 37 year old, past prime Calzaghe could still teach them a thing or two. The guy doesn't know the meaning of the word 'lose', it's just not in his blood.

OK haters, flame away! I have my fireproof suit on already...
      hi nuthugger!

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
        I don't really think Johnson has what it takes to beat Calzaghe anymore honestly, he's slowed down, his feet aren't as quick as they used to be and stylistically, Calzaghe is a bad fight for him because Johnson always waits for his opponents to finish punching before punching back himself, Tarver was able to outhustle him when he was at his best, Calzaghe would probably be able to outhustle him now and Johnson walks straight at his opponents, Calzaghe does his best work with those guys where he can get off 4 or 5 quick punches and turn them.

Dawson would present the most troubles IMO apart from Hopkins because of his youth, speed, combinations, jab, height and southpaw stance, Jones' speed gave Calzaghe some trouble early on in their fight but Jones can't sustain that type of speed anymore for a long duration, Dawson on the other hand can, his speed doesn't fade over the course of a fight and he throws quite a lot of punches in bunches, Dawson is also perhaps a more versatile fighter than Johnson which is what is needed against Calzaghe because of his adaptability.
        Good post, that's why i have Dawson winning against Calzaghe. I think hes naturally too big for Joe do his normal volume punching against and i think hes too good of a boxer for Calzaghe to out box from the outside. Dawson also has the much better experience against southpaws. I just see Joe being vulnerable when he follows Dawson on to the ropes( because Dawson loves to throw that counter right hook( which he did against Tarver and Adamek and stunned them both with it, and they both have world class chins) and i can't see him matching Dawson on the outside either, which limits his chances.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
          Styles make fights and I'd go with the one with the highest workrate out of em, but still think Calzaghe would win. Oh, and Dawson already lost to Johnson, which is nothing wrong with that but he isn't truly undefeated in alot of peoples minds... 80 percent of people believe johnson won that fight against dawson, or so says the showtime poll they had.
          who gives a **** about being undefeated. the being undefeated mentality has ruined boxing. guys like calzaghe who isn't really undefeated either in most peoples minds won't take risks and they make the sport dull. then joe goes on to say boxing is dying. yeah its dying cause you refuse to make the good fights people wanna see and you just wanna steal money from the sport with bull**** fights against roy jones.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            hi nuthugger!
            Hi ******

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              who gives a **** about being undefeated. the being undefeated mentality has ruined boxing. guys like calzaghe who isn't really undefeated either in most peoples minds won't take risks and they make the sport dull. then joe goes on to say boxing is dying. yeah its dying cause you refuse to make the good fights people wanna see and you just wanna steal money from the sport with bull**** fights against roy jones.
              Didn't Jones call out Calzaghe after the Trinidad fight? Yes, he did. So what's he supposed to do, not fight him? Then you'd say he was ducking Jones and whine about how he isn't making the fights people want to see.

Blame Jones for making it a **** fight.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                Good post, that's why i have Dawson winning against Calzaghe. I think hes naturally too big for Joe do his normal volume punching against and i think hes too good of a boxer for Calzaghe to out box from the outside. Dawson also has the much better experience against southpaws. I just see Joe being vulnerable when he follows Dawson on to the ropes( because Dawson loves to throw that counter right hook( which he did against Tarver and Adamek and stunned them both with it, and they both have world class chins) and i can't see him matching Dawson on the outside either, which limits his chances.
                Because the thing with Kessler is that he didn't have the versitility of Dawson to counter effectively from the ropes or use consistant lateral movement. Joe is vulnerable to a southpaw hook off of the ropes when he comes in squared when he has someone on the ropes, and watch at the 4:15 mark. I can see that happening a lot.

Comment

Didn't Jones call out Calzaghe after the Trinidad fight? Yes, he did. So what's he supposed to do, not fight him? Then you'd say he was ducking Jones and whine about how he isn't making the fights people want to see.

Blame Jones for making it a **** fight.
                  Are you kidding me? Everyone and their mama was calling out Calzaghe but he chose to fight Jones. You ask what is he supposed to do? Since you think by virtue of Jones calling him out, Calzaghe had no other choice but to fight him then why hasn't he signed on the dotted line against Dawson who is doing the same thing? Oh wait...he's retired.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Are you kidding me? Everyone and their mama was calling out Calzaghe but he chose to fight Jones. You ask what is he supposed to do? Since you think by virtue of Jones calling him out, Calzaghe had no other choice but to fight him then why hasn't he signed on the dotted line against Dawson who is doing the same thing? Oh wait...he's retired.
                    STFU. I'm bored of arguing with you slobs.

Comment

STFU. I'm bored of arguing with you slobs.
                      Womp womp.

Comment

Working...
                      X