All Aboard the Parker War Train.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denium View Post
    You've missed it bro.
    Awe damn that sucks, thanks anyway. Would you mind summarizing the fight for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      In a roundabout way, there are. They're usually AJ fanboys who think Whyte somehow validates AJ's resume.

Look at the threads blowing up calling for a Parker-Whyte fight, it's laughable.

Parker's got a long way to go before he's near the complete package - but this British homerism is laughable - Parker doesn't need AJ's crumbs.
      Welp. I guess Parker is one of the best young businessmen in the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        Listen, Mr. NewZealand, I understand Parker is your boy and all but I'm only laying out what I see in front of me. If you truly think he is ready to step into the ring with Anthony Joshua after that type of performance, I don't know what else I can tell ya. Good luck I guess. I hope its a good fight myself.
        Calling a spade a spade. Taking away the British accent would change a lot of people's opinions of AJ.

I expect a fantastic fight between Parker and AJ. It's going to be an awesome matchup.

I just don't want to hear anyone try and insert second rate AJ-leftovers into this conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
          In a roundabout way, there are. They're usually AJ fanboys who think Whyte somehow validates AJ's resume.

Look at the threads blowing up calling for a Parker-Whyte fight, it's laughable.

Parker's got a long way to go before he's near the complete package - but this British homerism is laughable - Parker doesn't need AJ's crumbs.
          Where are all these threads? Care to link one?

Comment

• I think a lot of people are being a bit too critical of Parker, at 24 and still learning, you are only looking for questions to be answered. He proved he has a good chin, he proved he can recover and finish strong, fight off the back foot, constantly move for 12 rounds, and at times he was very smart to win rounds. There are obvious holes in his game but this fight will give him a lot of confidence. I'd like to see him have a couple more fights before going for a title.

I can see Joshua going for a unification over the mandatory. Wilder or Fury at the end of the year. Parker will continue to improve

Comment

• Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
              As of today Anthony Joshua was mildly rocked by an extremely strong left hook once, and then proceeded to batter his opponent as he did before. As of today, Parker was fending for his life in the middle rounds and showed the type of defense that would get him killed against a puncher like AJ. He wasn't just caught hard once or twice or 15 times.

I don't have a dog in this fight but please, please don't get besides yourself talking about who is more proven. The proof is clear to anybody with eyes. Parker is a good fighter but is still a class below anybody with a belt.
              the "eye test" needs to take into account the opponent. parker would look just as good if not better than AJ against whyte and martin, and AJ would struggle with takam just as much as parker did. that's my assertion

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
              Because to the fanboys, it's more about trying to make Whyte relevant, than it is about anything to do with Parker.
              i want the fight because it can build his name in the UK and he needs all the experience he can get at this stage. and wouldn't it be nice to shut up the people who think whyte can hang with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by denium View Post
                I think Parker would batter him. He's too fast and slick for Lucas to handle.
                Agreed, but it would be a big money fight over his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  i want the fight because it can build his name in the UK and he needs all the experience he can get at this stage. and wouldn't it be nice to shut up the people who think whyte can hang with him?
                  In the end it would. I think it would be even better not to stroke UK boxing fans need for validation any further. Whyte looked gassed just re-arranging his tie on the Sky Sport 3 broadcast.

But yeah, if Parker feels the need to build his name in the UK, sure. Other than making a few bucks along the way, I don't know what UK recognition will do for him though - he's already AJ's mandatory. He doesn't have to beg for a fight, he's all but got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                    Awe damn that sucks, thanks anyway. Would you mind summarizing the fight for me?
                    went exactly as predicted, parker win's but looks like he's in trouble when takam put's the pressure on.
                    It seemed like parker gassed early on as well, im not so sure though, he was definately tired but the commentators were exagerating, making it seem like parker was ready to go after a couple more big punches. Took takam's best shot and was never wobbled. solid chin and great win (albeit with alot of work to do still)

Parker Stops Pulev. and faces AJ early next year (and stops him according to my Nostradamus like prediction ages ago) Eff Pandas get ready to pay up brah!
                    Last edited by mlac; 05-21-2016, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      the "eye test" needs to take into account the opponent. parker would look just as good if not better than AJ against whyte and martin, and AJ would struggle with takam just as much as parker did. that's my assertion

I disagree.

Do you realize that Whyte is bigger than Parker, and hits a hell of a lot harder than Carlos Takam? He took a lot of Joshua shots and joshua hits way harder than Parker.

Whyte and Parker share 3 common opponents and Whyte destroyed all 3 in far better fashion than Parker.

Parker vs Whyte is a VERY competetive fight, VERY.

I also don't belive Joshua would struggle against Takam, Takam is simply too small, slow and defensively open to handle a massive power punching super heavyweight like Joshua, plodding into range like he did against parker would get him murdered against Joshua, who is a lot bigger, stronger, rangier and hits far harder than Parker.

Comment

Working...
                      X