Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was more dissapointing? Floyds 389k ppv buys or GGG's 97k buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question is asked regarding two events. I don't know why anyone is bringing up other fights. Was Floyd's contract a success? Most definitely, but the berto fight was a disaster. Nobody wants to lose millions regardless of what transpired before. Nobody spends 40 million plus just to tank half of it.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Because if you do 4.4 million there is no way you can lose money....in 1 year Floyd did almost 5 million ppv ....5 million ppv=you cant lose money
      His numbers vs Pacquiao have nothing to do with the Berto card. Try again. I'm talking about the Floyd/Berto fight. Maybe you can try and explain how showtime didnt take a massive loss on that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        By your numbers Mayweather did around 66% of what was expected and Little G did around 40%. Little G was the biggest flop.
        Well if you go by the Floyd did 60% of what was expected and GGG only did 40% of what was expected then yes GGG was the bigger flop.

But who is the one considered the face of boxing? Who was the record holder for PPVs? Who is the one more popular and more noticed by the American audience?

If you take that into consideration then Floyd was the bigger flop.

GGG is still a huge unknown to American audiences where Floyd has been on wwe, dancing with the stars, all his pre fight series(24/7 & all access). So with that considered Floyd flopped more IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          His numbers vs Pacquiao have nothing to do with the Berto card. Try again. I'm talking about the Floyd/Berto fight. Maybe you can try and explain how showtime didnt take a massive loss on that fight.
          These guys are mentally ill and can't say anything negative about Floyd. Most pathetic group of people I've ever encountered.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            I'll give u a shot. Explain how showtime didnt lose money on Floyd/Berto. I already broke down how they did.
            I never said they didn't lose money but like I said, they secured Floyd for 5 fights 2 of them made record breaking numbers and one of those shattered every record and it will take something special to come close to the revenue Pac/May made. I even doubt it will ever happen.

They made a ton of money from Mayweather's 5 fight deal, I can almost guarantee they made a whole lot more than they anticipated. Anything Mayweather/Berto made was just extra to fund whatever else they wanted.

Comment

nobody cares about all that man...97k is horrible simple and plain
              Thank you he is trying to hard to justify triple g flop...

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                At best they broke even sure, but I'm sure sponsors will be hesitant to be part of GGG's next ppv that doesn't involve an established star.

You have to understand they're marketing GGG as boxing next best thing which he very well could be, but for some reason not even a 10th of his usual HBO audience bothered to buy this fight. Maybe it was a bad move to have this fight on ppv against Lemieux but they have to fix this somehow and it will be a while before he headlines another ppv event again.
                Listen, there's no question that this fight should not have been on ppv. I'm a GGG fan and although I attended the fight live I would not have purchased the ppv if I werent attending.

I'm sure they learned from this and will be more careful about what future fights they choose to put on ppv.

With that said, you still cant tell me that at the very worse, losing $500k is more dissapointing than taking a 15-20mil loss. U just cant.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                  I never said they didn't lose money but like I said, they secured Floyd for 5 fights 2 of them made record breaking numbers and one of those shattered every record and it will take something special to come close to the revenue Pac/May made. I even doubt it will ever happen.

They made a ton of money from Mayweather's 5 fight deal, I can almost guarantee they made a whole lot more than they anticipated. Anything Mayweather/Berto made was just extra to fund whatever else they wanted.
                  But the berto fight lost money, there was no "extra." It's a simple question related to one specific fight. I don't know why you guys are referencing other events and somehow consider it a good argument.

Comment

you got a source for that?
                    Dan Rafael and Kevin Iole (among others) reported the amended May/Pac PPV number at the same time initial Mayweather/Berto numbers were released.

Towards the middle of Rafael's article here: http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...per-view-sales
                    Last edited by wardnine; 10-28-2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

If a fight is expected to lose money how is it a disappointment when it does? Doing less than expected = disappointment.

Comment

Working...
                      X