Collapse
No announcement yet.

can benavidez reach p4p top 10 status?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can benavidez reach p4p top 10 status?

how good is this kid

hes got a great look

pretty quiet though, only young

Jose Benavidez?

It is possible kid is a real good prospect and is a very big welter. Plus he seems to have good offensive skills for such a young age but as with any prospect it is tough to really figure out really how he will handle himself when faced with tough situations.

He is certainly everything you want to see in a prospect though.

Comment

He fought on the undercard of the Donaire/Rios double feature. He looked disinterested, he looked awful. And almost got knocked out late in the fight.
      One thing I noticed watching that fight. Is it appears his surgically repaired hand is still bothering him. He barely threw it, and when he did it lacked any conviction.

Comment

Dont know too early, He was winning every round in his last fight and got caught last minute and almost got KO'ed, in fact i believe if that fight was a 10 rounder and not a 8 he would have a stoppage lost on his record.

Comment

If he didn't have the hand issue then yes but I think that might stop him if it doesn't improve

Comment

He is a good prospect but at this point that is where he will stay until his hand heals.

Comment

doubt it. he looks good against the opposition he faces and is pretty talented.

but he has a shaky skin and his style seems to be more flash than substance.

reminds me of Jorge Linares.

Comment

hes got pretty solid skills ie his jab

Comment

Steve Claggett has been calling this guy out for over a year now and no response from the Benavidez camp

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    Dont know too early, He was winning every round in his last fight and got caught last minute and almost got KO'ed, in fact i believe if that fight was a 10 rounder and not a 8 he would have a stoppage lost on his record.

almost certainly the case. the kid was almost out on his feet. credit to his toughness for finishing, but that doesn't bode well for a kid that people are talking about in p4p terms ( )

hey pacman (or whatever the hell the TS is called,) how about you let the kid break the top 50 before you talk about putting him on the p4p list.

Comment

Working...
                    X