No announcement yet.

Rare colour film of London 1927

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare colour film of London 1927

I got a very strange feeling watching that and earlier footage of London. I find it hard to comprehend life was like that just 70+ years ago.
    Last edited by Adamjr91; 01-12-2014, 07:02 AM.

Comment

"Fancy seeing London without the Tower!"

Fancy seeing the Tower without all the high rise buildings!
      Last edited by rorymac; 01-12-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

This is amazing. Thanks TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          I got a very strange feeling watching that and earlier footage of London. I find it hard to comprehend life was like that just 70+ years ago.
          So true. Just think about how much everything changed over a relatively short time span in human history.

Comment

I love films like this. Amazing to live in those generations, well THE generation

Comment

Wow, how times have changed. I don't think I'd able to live in those times after experiencing technology. Though, I'm sure life was fairly enjoyable back then for those who wanted to enjoy.

Instead of playing play station they would probably go out and be more active. The days must have seemed longer, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Wow, how times have changed. I don't think I'd able to live in those times after experiencing technology. Though, I'm sure life was fairly enjoyable back then for those who wanted to enjoy.

Instead of playing play station they would probably go out and be more active. The days must have seemed longer, also.
                Life was more simple in many ways, I'd imagine. Maybe people were even happier in some ways, even though most people were less well off than they are today (in a materialistic sense).

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Life was more simple in many ways, I'd imagine. Maybe people were even happier in some ways, even though most people were less well off than they are today (in a materialistic sense).
                  I completely agree. London was less polluted, less congested, there was more green grass and it was the epicenter of the world back in the early 20th century before Europe imploded. You had birds like robins and sparrows flying about instead of vermin (Pigeon).

London was probably a way nicer place back then although I'm not complaining now, I couldn't really ever imagine living permanently anywhere other than London.

Comment

It's surreal to see things you have seen nearly 85 years a go.

Most are dead now, and it would be incredible to see how people/places looked another 100 years earlier. Imagine what people will think of this video in 100 years time.

Comment

Working...
                    X