No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward On Training Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Steward On Training Miguel Cotto

Many Steward. Once of the nicest guys out there.

Comment

Exactly what I have always said... Cotto is a great boxer-puncher, and as Steward said he should box first and then incorporate his power, left hook, into the mix. He should leave the aggressive bullying **** for the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
        Exactly what I have always said... Cotto is a great boxer-puncher, and as Steward said he should box first and then incorporate his power, left hook, into the mix. He should leave the aggressive bullying **** for the late rounds.
        +1

Cotto was a boxer-puncher when he started. I have all of his pro fights and the guy was a beautifull boxer that almost never got hit early in his career. The best example of his style was against Abdulaev, Cotto boxed great that fight moving and throwing combinations but he stopped fighting like that and took on this come foward take 2 punch to land 1 type of fighter and started to fight at a faster pace than before. That was the guy we saw from Torres to Pacquiao we saw a kind of fighter that took a lot of punches and loved to brawl. With Steward he is going back to what he does best and that is box.

Comment

Very interesting interview.

Comment

Very cool interview. I like the Cotto-Steward relationship.

Comment

Working...
            X