Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan-Brook On The Same Card, Mega Fight In May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would they make Khan-Brook in December in front of 12,000 people when they could do it in front of 60,000+ a few months later?

I know some people like to troll or just be fanboys, but it's a fairly simple situation.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
      You always mad mate, Khan ain't getting no Mayweather shot I'll bet my house on it, no one in America wants to see that fight, he'll be fighting Kell in May at wembley.
      After the debacle between Brook/Alexander which eventually didn't happen I wouldn't be surprised if Khan/Brook do not fight this year the fight will likely take place in 2016 at the earliest. Rather it now.

Khan will fight Mayweather and there is a demand for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Why would they make Khan-Brook in December in front of 12,000 people when they could do it in front of 60,000+ a few months later?

I know some people like to troll or just be fanboys, but it's a fairly simple situation.
        Son, as of right now Floyd Mayweather Jr doesn't have a viable opponent for may 2015. If Amir Khan maneges to get a win against either Ghost or Devon he becomes just that. A viable opponent for Floyd in may.

Like i said, Eddie is so ahead of himself with this Brook/Khan plan. Al Haymon dictates what Amir Khan does. At this point i think we'll see Floyd/Khan in may, IF Amir wins his next fight.

Comment

^^^

Agreed with the above.

Some people just don't understand the business side of boxing

Comment

I agree Khan draws more in the United States than Brook in Sheffield. Khan doesn't need Brook, he should look to fight Mayweather by beating Guerrero/Alexander in December.

Comment

for a fighter who's been trying to regain form....a win in his next fight will give him a choice between fighting Floyd, the p4p King or a Wembley date against the IBF champ....now THAT'S star power!!....personally, I'd wait to see IF Floyd is REALLY slowing down or did he just have a sub par night in his first fight with Maidana

if Maidana gives him the same problems...I'd go for Floyd, styles make fights but I'd take my chances with Floyd after he's been in back to back tough fights....the Brook fight and Wembley will always be there....on the flip, if Floyd is looking sharper than before.....go snatch Kell's belt and defend it a few times and then go for Floyd....all depends on HOW Floyd looks in Sept

Comment

Damn, I was hoping Froch would get his Vegas fight. Of course that beast will probably end up fighting DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
                  ^^^

Agreed with the above.

Some people just don't understand the business side of boxing
                  It's not even that hard! it's quite simple. At this point there's only two viable options for Floyd in May ; Danny Garcia or Amir Khan.

Unless Danny puts on a big fight against a legit WW by the end of the year he is not going to get the nod. Right now Amir is better positioned for the Mayweather fight, all he needs is a win against a top 10 welterweight.

You guys really think Al, Showtime, and GBP are going to let Floyd's only option go to the UK for another fight? who is Floyd going to fight then?

Kell Brook is going to have to fight a defeated Amir Khan, only way that fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Lalaland View Post
                    Khan vs Brook at Eithad Stadium would be Nice...

Don't think it would sell out Wembley.

Kell Brook is not even known in my area lol.
                    Lool that's what I'm saying, Wembley is a dream. In a 30-40000 seater it might work.

But that card I'm interested in is Dec, khan and Brook in different fights, with the cleverly and bellew rematch. Khan v Devon would be a good match up.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
                      Khan only wants the Mayweather fight for a big payday and a potential Brook fight, selling out Wembley Stadium, is a bigger fight financially. Also, Brook is the one who's calling the shots now. He's got the belt and has options at 147 while Khan is begging for fights against contenders on the off chance that he gets a Mayweather payday. It makes sense for Khan to wait for the Brook fight, which he doesn't have to earn.
                      Lmfao. Yeah sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X