Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canelo have a legit shot at Fighter of the Year now???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Canelo have a legit shot at Fighter of the Year now???

He beat Angulo, and he beat Lara who's basically unbeaten and one of the Top 1-2 fighters in the division.

The only other real threat would be Cotto right now probably

Still a lot of the year to go.

I wonder who he will fight later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Still a lot of the year to go.

I wonder who he will fight later this year.
      Funny thing is I'm a Lara fan and said he'd embarrass Canelo.....and I can at least objectively say the fight was close but Canelo did enough to win.

These guys are letting their hate for Canelo or their love for the flavor of the month avoided guy around here in Lara cloud their judgement.

Canelo may not have looked good against Trout and Lara, good fighters, but he beat them and I can't fault those decisions going his way.

Comment

Angulo and Lara is a solid year by itself, and we don't know who Alvarez will close the year out against. He's certainly in the running, I'd think.

Comment

once he puts cotto int he casket it will be a done deal.

Comment

He is right there. The fact that he wants to fight 3 times this year gives him an edge. That's old school stuff the top guys don't do anymore. I think we see a stay busy fight against a Kirkland or someone of that caliber to set up Cotto next May.

Comment

Certainly in the running, Pacman up there for beating a top p4p guy and doing so clearly, Stevenson/Hopkins if one or the other wins their bout(if it happens).

some good candidates this year, possibly even Cotto if he follows up with a good victory later this year.

Comment

One more big fight this year and I mean with Cotto and hell yes!
                If he beats Cotto this year he takes FOTY.

Comment

Him or Floyd probably,though i'm leaning towards Mayweather.

Comment

Idk, I think I'll wait to see who he fights in nov and how he wins to see who wins fighter of the year. But you never know, i hope they take into account his activity against good opposition as well

Comment

Working...
                    X