Delaney next for Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delaney next for Haye

Haye steps up ring rehabilitation

David Haye continues his rehabilitation on 21 January following the surprise defeat to Carl Thompson last September.
    Haye will fight former British cruiser and heavyweight contender Garry Delaney at Brentford's Fountain Leisure Centre.

Last month Haye made a low-key comeback against Belarusian Valery Semishkur and finished the job in 90 seconds.

West Ham brawler Delaney was floored seven times by Swansea's Enzo Maccarinelli last February en route to an eighth-round stoppage defeat.

Bermondsey's Haye (11-1) blew up against Thompson in the fifth round of their contest and will be looking to rack up some rounds against the 34-year-old Delaney (31-9-1).
    The fight will take place in the heavyweight division.

I'm sure they'll make a big thing of it if Haye can stop him quicker than Enzo managed to.

Good match up though i know gary is gonna have to boil down a lot to make the weight, he fought nielson over a six rounder at heavy last time out.

Comment

I know the report says it will be at heavyweight but I assume there will be a limit to how heavy Delaney can come in, if not he could have a huge weight advantadge over Haye.

Comment

15 stone ten i think.

Comment

Delaney 16st 5lbs. Haye 14st 10lbs. That is a lot heavier than I expected for Delaney considering he fought Enzo at cruiser not that long ago but at the same time Haye will never have been hit by such a heavy guy and he was decked by Mock who was only a lt. heavy so it could be interesting but I go for Haye anywhere before round 7, if it goes past that then he could be in trouble (Fingers crossed )

Comment

Haye has sparred with Williams and Audley, hasn't he? Not the same thing, but he should be used to the disadvantage.

I've got a feeling this one will be over quickly, despite Delany's durability.

Ideally, Haye would execute a controlled exhibition and eventual breakdown mid to late in the fight, but I think he'll end up hurting Delany almost straight off the bat, and end it within 2.

Delany's a decent choice. I hope David keeps his composure.

Comment

Originally posted by barryboy
              Delaney 16st 5lbs. Haye 14st 10lbs. That is a lot heavier than I expected for Delaney considering he fought Enzo at cruiser not that long ago but at the same time Haye will never have been hit by such a heavy guy and he was decked by Mock who was only a lt. heavy so it could be interesting but I go for Haye anywhere before round 7, if it goes past that then he could be in trouble (Fingers crossed )

if it goes past six ill eat my own ball bag.
              its a six rounder!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JPW
                if it goes past six ill eat my own ball bag.
                its a six rounder!!!!!!
                haha hope haye takes his time...
                so can we have proof of the missing ballbag

hayes comeback must of been lowkey...
                it wasnt on the bbc..was it?

i still aint seen thompson-haye either.
                shame hayes chin aint to great.

Comment

i mean the fight is only sheduled for six rounds! So going to the seventh isnt an option, think my scrotum is safe!!! . His comeback fight was on bbc the same day as hatton oliveria and williams vitali.

Hayes chin aint so bad he took some murderous shots against thompson and wasnt ko'd, he really took some punishment in the final round and wasnt put to sleep so I dont think his chin is the problem (i was there).
                  He seems susceptible to temple shots Mock fight was temple shot and the first one that put him down form thompson was same.

The big worry i have is hayes conditioning, he basically blew up after a round and half, Ive heard rumours he doesnt like roadwork and does all his prep in a flashy gym in soho.

sometimes the old ways are the best and running on a treadmill in no way substitues running up a 3 in one hill!

i hope david has learned from his mistakes against Carl and sorts it out he has the potential to be the cruiserweight version of nigel benn, great offence but a but vulnerable, = excitement gaurenteed.

Comment

oh man...
                    according to the bbc website they never showed williams-klit
                    or hatton-oliveira..
                    i listened to it on the radio 5 live.
                    i checked tv guides aswell so obviously everyone saw em and
                    i somehoiw missed out..borrocks..im totally pissed off again.

the bbc are great but they suck it running a boxing site

Comment

Working...
                    X