Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bradley fights 12/15 in Miami possibly against Berto, Gamboa on Pac/Marquez undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    Interesting video, bro. Thanks for posting it! Too bad it's really a promo for the fitness brand that's endorsing Gamboa. Yuri had some interesting things to say, but the music drowns him out before the interview is even over.

For the non-Spanish speakers on this forum: Gamboa says he currently weighs 150, and claims it'll only take one week to drop 20 pounds! According to Yuri, it's all water weight and he takes it off training in a nylon suit. He also says he spars with bigger men leading up to the fight in order to make his lighter oppponent's blows feel easy, and make his own feel harder. I don't know when this was recorded, but it appears recent. Gamboa says he'll spend the entire month of October sparring in preparation for his upcoming fight.

Comment

I am confused with Gamboa on a Top Rank Card as well, unless that is just 50 Cent working with Bob Arum

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        At least he would be free from Oner though~
        Originally posted by garfios View Post
        He was trying to get away from Oner...
        Well, at least he got something out of it no? Who knows if it was worth missing a whole year of your prime but he got away from that snake.
        Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Yeah Schaeffer just confirmed K9 vs. Berto is a done deal so there goes that possibility.

I guess its Provodnikov or Peterson. I don't know how Arum plans on filling up a baseball stadium in Miami with either of those opponents as a headliner.
        That was the original plan with Gamboa fighting his brother.

Comment

I like the Bradley-Berto fight, even if Andre is a drug cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
            150 huh? When he was arrested I think the police reports said 162 or so?

Ese gym donde es? Y quien carajo entrena a Gamboa ahora?

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
              Well, at least he got something out of it no? Who knows if it was worth missing a whole year of your prime but he got away from that snake.
              I always felt getting away from Oner was one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, why Yuri sought to terminate his contract with Arum. It may well have been worth it. It's all conjecture, of course. We may never know all the details about Gamboa's contract saga.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
                What was he arrested for?
                Domestic violence. He and his wife got into an argument and she tried to leave their place with their child. Gamboa grabbed her by the arm and back of the neck. She suffered minor injuries. It didn't go over too well with the police when they responded....

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  I always felt getting away from Oner was one of the main reasons, if not the main reason, why Yuri sought to terminate his contract with Arum. It may well have been worth it. It's all conjecture, of course. We may never know all the details about Gamboa's contract saga.
                  That Oner dude is garbage. I dislike him with a passion. Btw something tells me that video was recorded when the Salgado fight was announced. But of course that aint happening no more. Unless there's a fight brewing around that we dunno about.
                  Originally posted by humuklot
                  What was he arrested for?
                  He had a domestic dispute with his wife or ex wife. She was taking the kids and he grabbed her and left some marks on her. She claimed he beat her but it was proven that wasn't the case. He was stripped of one of his belts. Meanwhile Mayweather even tho was found guilty still has 2 belts in 2 divisions.
                  Last edited by Bronard; 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    He was trying to get away from Oner...
                    Then he was stupid to involve Arum in that ordeal in that way, he should have enlisted his help and everything would have been worked out much sooner and he wouldn't have needed to be on the shelf for 15 months.

I get the wanting to get out from Oner part, but if he wanted to keep dealing with Top Rank things would have went way smoother for him.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 09-29-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dyabolic View Post
                      Hell no it is not worth the year, I mean if he was going in a completely different direction I could feel that to a degree but still wasting a year is a hefty price.

The whole thing is he could have stayed with Top Rank and still aced out Oner hell they would have been pleased as punch to do that and that time would not have got wasted.

So hard for me to feel the move if this is how it will end up, but either way the most important thing is for him now is to get his career back on track as nothing can change the past

Comment

Working...
                      X