Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Nuts and Guts Folks!" Did he just say that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant stand that guy

Comment

I like Gus Johnson and the whole Showtime crew. They all bring something to the table and are very insightful. They call the fight the way that it is going. HBO Commentators are starting to fall off. Jim Lampley used to be my favorite, but now he is too biased. Even Manny Steward seems to be biased towards certain fighters. The only 2 I like now is Max Kellerman and Roy Jones. They call it like they see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
        Johnson is an awesome boxing commentator. He brings excitement to the broadcast.
        Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
        How so? He does a decent job. Imo
        lol no. The dude is an annoying bum announcer who knows **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          Truth. He knows nothing about boxing. He's a mascot not an announcer.
          I thought you said you were done here? or is someone else trolling in your account.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            lol no. The dude is an annoying bum announcer who knows **** about boxing.
            Why does he need to know anything about boxing, Tarver and Al are the analyst not him. The guy does about 6 different sports and manages to do a decent job in each including.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              Why does he need to know anything about boxing, Tarver and Al are the analyst not him. The guy does about 6 different sports and manages to do a decent job in each including.
              Call me crazy but I like all the guys on a boxing broadcast team to be boxing guys. Farhood,Tarver, and Bernstein all do a great job imo and Johnson brings nothing to the table but annoying yelling and weak commentary.

Comment

Yes exactly

People dont know his role in the broadcast, he's there to get you hyped and he does a decent job. Can you imagine like 3 Tarver type guys or Roy jones or Manny Steward debating the fundamentals of the sport for 2 hours? You'd fall asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                  Call me crazy but I like all the guys on a boxing broadcast team to be boxing guys. Farhood,Tarver, and Bernstein all do a great job imo and Johnson brings nothing to the table but annoying yelling and weak commentary.
                  he's doing play by play, does it really matter? The guys who know boxing are always asked questions by Gus all fight long, which is how it should be.

Comment

he's doing play by play, does it really matter? The guys who know boxing are always asked questions by Gus all fight long, which is how it should be.
                    I think he holds a grudge against him because most of the time he's yelling about how Juanma's hurt

"Juanma's on queer street!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      I think he holds a grudge against him because most of the time he's yelling about how Juanma's hurt

"Juanma's on queer street!!!!"
                      He actually didn't yell that much, but he did go crazy in the 9th round. I can't believe people don't like him, I guess some of these guys don't watch the british commentary, it's a snooze fest.

Comment

Working...
                      X