No announcement yet.

Getting a Job Promotion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a Job Promotion

I am a 22 Year Old University Educated Male, with a Business Degree. I work in fashion industry as a junior buyer. Previous to that Ive worked as sales and manager across different fashion retail stores (such as Armani, Banana Republic, and others) from about age of 19-21. I also did a job as manager at Future Shop (Canada's version of Best Buy)

I dont mean to brag - but I consider myself as good looking, very well spoken, generally intelligent type guy.

I also feel that for my age (22), having a business degree, and having managed and worked at places like Armani, Future Shop, H&M, and a few other jobs. I have a STRONG Resume of EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION.

Here are my pics (I am including these pics because its important to see how I look on a day to day basis at work):

Here's the thing: I feel like I am underpaid, and I also feel like I should be in a better position than I currently am.

At work, I dont socialize much with my bosses. I am very social outside of work. But at work, I WORK, Im not one of those people who is talking and kissing the bosses' ass.

Since I work in fashion, most of my coworkers are women, and I find that women tend to favour other women over me in getting promoted.

For example, just recently, I lost a promotion to a woman, who was 24 - 2 years older than me- but I honestly dont believe she had one half of the experience and I know for sure she didnt have my education.

I just feel like Im underpaid and should have deserved a Fcuking promotion by now.
    Last edited by Who are you?; 10-10-2011, 03:21 AM.

How Can I get Promoted?

I worked so hard to get where I am and I feel its unfair I am not promoted.

I fully deserve it and have more than enough experience. Thats not even mentioning my education, which should also work to my advantage.

I just feel like some B1tch who is 30 years old, no education, is my boss. And inside she is mad at me for being better than her. So she ist aking her frustration out on me.

I honestly feel like she is jealous of me, and thats why she doesnt promote me.

Anyone else has this kind of bull**** at work?

How do u deal with this?

I just feel like my work situation is Fcuking unfair and Ive been due for a promotion over a year.

What the Fcuk?

Feminists wont promote me? Then what is good advice to get around them?
    Last edited by Who are you?; 10-10-2011, 03:20 AM.

Comment

How often do you do nude modeling mate?

Comment

dj benze is an expert in the male cuteness field, I'll put you through to him.

Comment

I dont see why are the pictures important. First of all I am pretty sure you do not go to work with out a shirt. Second, pop collars?

What do you do at the company?

Comment

where did you get your business degree?

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              I dont see why are the pictures important. First of all I am pretty sure you do not go to work with out a shirt. Second, pop collars?

What do you do at the company?
              LOL people still take him serious...he's just having some fun...he's not serious..every thread he makes doesn't matter what the topic is he will add his pictures just to have some fun..I laugh at his threads but seems like lot's of people get pissed off him posting the pictures lol

Comment

Why do you post the same pics of yourself?

Are you really that self conscious?

Comment

Working "in the fashion industry" is not the same as "work in the retail clothing industry". You know who the biggest mover in the retail clothing industry is in Canada? Walmart. Yeah, you go fashionista.

Comment

I am being 100% honest in this thread.

Its just frustrating for me, because I have worked very hard, and feel I deserve a promotion through my experience. I also feel that the fact I have a degree should be advantageous to me, and ist turning out that it "doesnt matter".

I feel I am due for a promotion.

I get a bit angry to see other women promoted over me, because I know for a fact that I have more experience than them to begin with.

@ work, I am a good worker. I work hard.

My problem is I dont socialize much with my bosses', and I also dont kiss their ass.

At work I work. I dont socialize and joke around. I just work.

I guess thats why I havent been promoted yet...

Comment

Working...
                    X