No announcement yet.

Jermaine Taylor comeback put to a hault

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine Taylor comeback put to a hault

I have been sitting back reading the post about taylor the last two days or so. I have seen all the questions marks posted and therys why or why not. I posted a thread right before he fought Lacy and it got some responses and tons of veiws. i think the fact that Taylor beat Hopkins is what carried him for most of the recent past. he was a little bit better then average after that but look at the opponents he fought. We laugh at his lack luster performances vs Spinks and Wright. Think of this Williams fought Wright recently and he couldn't finish him either. hwe fought off a 2 year layoff and much further past his prime then when Taylor foguth him. Granted Williams dominated him but still couldn't finish him. Taylor fought Pavlik and lost twice in arguably 2 of the best middle weight fights in the last 15 years. he had pavlik hurt and couldn't finish the job well SS was the refferee and a few other reffs might have stepped in and stopped it but SS didn't and the rest is history.

Jermain has many assest but the biggest hinderance to him is he does not fight smart. he often loads up on hs right hand trying to throw it with BAD INTENTIONS no pun intended. The fact that he has been critsized for not finishing fighters and putting on a good show has weighed heavily in the ay he fights. With that in the back of his mind and the fact he has had stamina issues I think he did NOT move in for the kill on Froch in the 3rd. Even me myself was like on no Jermain dont punch yourself out. In other fights he had hurt his opponenet and tried to finish them with uncalculated punches and when he was unsucessful he also winded himself for the next 2-3 rounds. He has a decent chin but when he gets hurt treis to cover up rather then hold. he moves straight back and once he gets himself trapped on the ropes he does not have the savy to get out of the corner or at least let on like he still has some sense.

Bottom line he cannot fight once he gets hurt. he allows himself to get hurt by going straight back to the ropes and he lack the ring savy to fight hurt.....Lefty

Anybody know the scorecards??

Comment

Originally posted by SAN D13GO VILLAN View Post
      Anybody know the scorecards??
      The 3 judges had it 116-112 when Taylor got knocked out in the 12th....Lefty

Comment

Yeah it was 106-102 for Taylor on two cards going into 12th.

If Taylor had taken a knee for the second knockdown and survived he would have won the fight by 113-112 on two cards (the 12th being a 10-7 round). Sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
          Yeah it was 106-102 for Taylor on two cards going into 12th.

If Taylor had taken a knee for the second knockdown and survived he would have won the fight by 113-112 on two cards (the 12th being a 10-7 round). Sickening.
          I knew he was up by 4 points at the time of the KO. Honestly he should have latched on but he is just not that kind of fighter , he cannot fight hurt once he gets in trouble he is very easy to finish off. Shame for Taylor he is a likeable guy with good skills his fights are very exciting but he just does not have it anymore...Lefty

Comment

I agree. Poor stamina and not being a smart fighter has hurt him.

Comment

Froch took it too him good style, taylor's tank was on empty.
              Was great at the end when Froch called Joe Calzaghe out, I hate Jo Slappy, and want Froch to put the beatdown on him.

Comment

jermain is done..no stamina and no ring smarts

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpharp View Post
                  Froch took it too him good style, taylor's tank was on empty.
                  Was great at the end when Froch called Joe Calzaghe out, I hate Jo Slappy, and want Froch to put the beatdown on him.
                  Froch is a novice figherwith good chin. he is game but I hate to say it Joe Calslappy would slap him all over the ring for 12 rounds....Lefty

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
                  Damn shame Jermain is a good guy I like him and I think he has the goods but he can get past the vicious KO he absodbed and the fact he lost to Pavlik....Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by larrysmith View Post
                    Agreed... he should of taken a knee or ran in the 12th round when he was in trouble, even if it would show weakness.

Comment

Working...
                    X