Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barry Bonds retested sample turns up positive for Steroids.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Bonds the only player in the league to have added some weight and improve his record in such a manner?

Mind you, I agree that anyone caught violating the rules, policy, etc. should face the consequences.

But did it really have to take this long to nail the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
      And the reason Bonds and Clemens SHOULD be crucified is because the broke hallowed records in the game by cheating. Both of them cheated, if you can't admit it then you have some alternative agenda.
      They are being crucified for being big names and that's it. The government or whoever else is after them needs big names to show the public they are cracking down on steroids and by crucifying them they get that big bust to please the public. Why are they going after these guys so hard especially Bonds they have been taking forever to get all this information. Why aren't they trying to get Jason Giambi, Bret Boone, Sammy Sosa, even Mark McGwire like they are Bonds and Clemens. It's simple they need scapegoats for this whole thing and big names provide that.

What was MLB baseball doing when this was all going on. Nothing except taking advantage of the McGwire/Sosa homerun chase. Having commercials like "chicks dig the long ball". They benefited off that big time.

It's sad because Bonds and Clemens were HOF's before they started using, they really didn't need it. Steroids will help players that already had the talent to hit a baseball to hit it further, but big muscles and weight gain doesn't mean it's gonna make you a great player.

Comment

Giambi was given a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFan View Post
          They are being crucified for being big names and that's it. The government or whoever else is after them needs big names to show the public they are cracking down on steroids and by crucifying them they get that big bust to please the public. Why are they going after these guys so hard especially Bonds they have been taking forever to get all this information. Why aren't they trying to get Jason Giambi, Bret Boone, Sammy Sosa, even Mark McGwire like they are Bonds and Clemens. It's simple they need scapegoats for this whole thing and big names provide that.

What was MLB baseball doing when this was all going on. Nothing except taking advantage of the McGwire/Sosa homerun chase. Having commercials like "chicks dig the long ball". They benefited off that big time.

It's sad because Bonds and Clemens were HOF's before they started using, they really didn't need it. Steroids will help players that already had the talent to hit a baseball to hit it further, but big muscles and weight gain doesn't mean it's gonna make you a great player.
          Hit the nail on the head.

To me, they cornered themselves in a catch-22 situation.

Comment

iam the first guy to defend barry bonds, but when i hear this coming from greg anderson, its not a good look...

Comment

why do black people abuse steroids?

Comment

Bonds is god he is not guilty he is just naturally huge..No but honestly i know alot of people hate Bonds but he was one of my idol's growing up and he will always be my boy. Bonds is inoccent

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
                  Wasn't this test a BALCO test which there was no chain of custody? Bonds never failed a MLB drug test.
                  hairyflex?

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
                    What i wanna know is why in the MLB clemens and bonds and anyone for that matter are caught with steroids their career gets crucified.. But in the NFL shawn merriman, and deuce mcallister and a couple of d-linemen get caught with it and all they get is a slap on the wrist 4 game suspension and no media attention
                    Because baseball is AMERICAS past time and these LEGENDS broke some records. Those linemen aren't even known compared to Bonds and Clemens.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
                      Because baseball is AMERICAS past time and these LEGENDS broke some records. Those linemen aren't even known compared to Bonds and Clemens.
                      exactly.....

Bonds just broke the most prestigious record in American sports, and Clemens was regarded as the best modern day pitcher by many. Its how BIG they are in their sport, its not a baseball vs football thing. I mean alot of the guys caught in the Mitchell report have continued to play on, and most people forgot they were even in the report. Its just Bonds and Clemens are BIG fish. Plus Barry and Roger have brought alot of this on themselves by continually denying everything.

They should have just done what guys like Petite and Sheffied did..... lied their asses off and say they "unknowingly took it" or "just took it briefly to get back from injury, because they cared about their team".

Comment

Working...
                      X