No announcement yet.

Alexis Arguello "The Explosive Thin Man"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexisarguello8 View Post
    actually a very good childhood friend of my father fought alexis arguello twice and both times lost but by decision i am not shetting you i have met the man he said arguello teqnique was just far superior to his here my fathers friend box rec i think hes my uncle or something here is boxrec profile this man is one my fathers best friends that he has known all his life literally he lives in italy now

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php...2390&cat=boxer

Great story

Comment

apart from pryor his war with escalera were amazing they called "the bloody war from bayamon" it was their first fight althou i believe the fight was pretty close escalera cuts were very nasty great fighter arguello.

Comment

Arguello may well have been the classiest guy I ever saw in the ring. As a fighter he was a pure assasin. At Featherweight he was practically unbeatable. Clearly one of the pure greats of the game.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
          Skilled, tough, powerful, smart. A GREAT fighter.

Had he beat Pryor, he would top 5 p4p all time.

...... I have no clue how Pryor stood up to the shots he took in that fight. I was a big Alexis fan and that first fight still hurts me today.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            Arguello may well have been the classiest guy I ever saw in the ring. As a fighter he was a pure assasin. At Featherweight he was practically unbeatable. Clearly one of the pure greats of the game.

Poet
            I would take his best to be 130. He was also a master by then.

Comment

I agree 130 he was devistating

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
                ...... I have no clue how Pryor stood up to the shots he took in that fight. I was a big Alexis fan and that first fight still hurts me today.
                Magic bottle.

Comment

Well, I'm Old-School 8. I don't by and large recognize the Junior and Super weight classes. 130 being Junior-Lightweight, for me it becomes a matter of was he better at Featherweight or at Lightweight and I think it's Featherweight.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                  X