No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Will Not Recognize Canelo's U.S. Popularity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Will Not Recognize Canelo's U.S. Popularity

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is not sold on the popularity of his Mexican rival, former WBC/WBA 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

A few days ago it was announced that Canelo's Showtime pay-per-view match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. generated 2.2 million purchases and became the highest grossing event in boxing history. So far the revenue has approached $150 million dollars and the MGM Grand's gate was over $20 million.

In contrast, Chavez's HBO pay-per-view debut last year came against Sergio Martinez and generated 475,000 purchases. The number surprised a a lot people who expected a lower number, because Chavez was the A-side of the match in terms of popularity and the event was going head to head with Canelo's Showtime televised fight with Josesito Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

take this fat ass

Comment

Canela - Chavez Jr => Make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        "He needed to go forward, take risks, because at times he was slow, perhaps because of the pounds that he put on between the day of the weigh-in and the moment of the fight," Chavez said.
        Too bad you didn't take this advice in your fight.

I guess Chavez also never saw any of the pressers in any of the cities...or the ring walk for the weigh in.
        Last edited by anonymous2.0; 09-22-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Chavez Jr does do crazy TV numbers but Canelo up there in attendance and now buys, Chavez hating because he wants to be the only popular Mexican, pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
            Canela - Chavez Jr => Make it happen
            jr is too big for Canelo .. Jr can take the power or a full fledged Middle weight, and is pretty durable if nothing else. I feel he would fold the smaller Canelo .

Comment

Shut up rich fat puto

Comment

i like jr more than canelo call me crazy i can't say who's more popular though

but jr came forward and almost took martinez out took out andy lee and i think he's gonna squash brian vera

Comment

A few things to be said. First off at least his popularity was gained on his own achievements and not his fathers. Second lets look at there Alamodome fights. Chavez got just over 10K to show up and Canelo got close to 40K. Also Canelo has been doing bigger ratings since he got to Showtime. Chavez sees another Mexican selling well and has to say something to make himself feel better.

Comment

HATERS GONNA HATE. Chavez jr is a bitter little puto

Comment

Working...
                    X