Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Crushin

There's 5 doctors and none of them sent him to the hospital?

Mago had a broken hand, nose, jaw and a very swollen face for taking 300+ brutal punches. How was he not required to go to the hospital for precautionary purposes, at least?

They told him to go to the hospital to check for fractures in his face. He didn't complain about headache, he was fine enough to watch the main event, he didn't show any sign of brain damage. It's tempting to play the blame game but sometimes things like that happen and it's nobody's fault in particular. This is boxing, people get punched in the brain, that's the ultimate cause.
    ??????????

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      I'm sorry but no. If you see someone get punched in the head repeatedly, you shouldn't wait around for them to complain of a headache, not when blows to the head often have a delayed reaction. It is not as though swelling is unknown for increasing in size and severity, and they're doctors so they really should have known better.

I don't like playing the blame game in tragic situations either, but in this scenario it is clear that certain individuals are at fault, and that those individuals are trying to distance absolve themselves of fault because they know a lawsuit is speeding their way.

Um yes, to be honest I think all boxers should go to the hospital for a quick check up after a fight.
      They already gave him a quick check up after the fight, I'm pretty sure he would have been asked the same questions at the hospital. If you're saying that all boxers should be monitored closely and get an MRI after every fight then you're not being realistic.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      He didn't just have a broken nose, he took 10 rounds, 300 punches worth of damage from a 235 pound heavyweight. The guy was not ok. The fact that their main form of ''thorough examination'' consists of a count to 5 and asking the guy if he's ok says everything. At what point will they take the guy to the hospital, when his eyes are rolling into the back of his head?
      And what would the doctors at the hospital have done differently? This is a guy who didn't show any symptom of brain damage, he was given a test and did fine.

Comment

The Suspects denying guilt or wrong doing

take them to court

maybe contact Obama's people and let them use this as an example of what's wrong with this countries employer/insurance relationship.
        Last edited by Mark_ehy; 11-10-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Different commissions but I think the procedure is to call an ambulance when a fighter shows possible signs of brain damage. Bradley said in the post fight interview that he felt like he had been concussed, we know that Pacquiao was concussed. That's different from a guy with a broken nose and a swollen face who doesn't complain about anything relating to brain damage. Should they have called an ambulance for Provodnikov after the Bradley fight?
          yes better safe than sorry. after a war both fighters should go. also if ur gonna fight the commision should be doing mri's

Comment

I do feel for the fighter. But the real monster here are his corner, for allowing him to continue fifth pass 2nd round. They shoul get their lic. Suspended they didn't f;:;: protect the fighter when he was looking for it, specially when he ask about his face. F; his manager .NYBC didnt have no fault stop pointing finger f;; stupid

Comment

Maybe people should stop trusting doctors so much. I hate the condescending way the the NYSAC is trying to brush this off like they know everything. People need to listen to they're own bodies. The fighter was saying there was something wrong but all the greasy boxing suits didn't care and wanted their moneys worth. Doctors kill people and rarely save anyone. We all need to wake the **** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X