• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow... people voted Mares?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      how is morel considered top quality?
      How is Chimenito not a top quality opponent?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Wow... people voted Mares?
        Donaire's the most unfairly hated fighter on this site. Its proven in every thread that even mentions him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
          How is Chimenito not a top quality opponent?
          i didn't say anything about moreno not being top quality.........that was a good win..it would have meant more if he fought him at 118 where he is the ring champ, but still a good win.

Comment

Ever since he tied to Perez. He has taken top quality opponents one after another. Darchinyan, Agebko, Moreno, and Morel.

In reality they are fairly even. But the fact that Nonito took it easy up until 2011, and national pride I lean in favor of Abner.
            Morel is not top quality anymore

Comment

Moreno alone is better than Donaire's last 4 opponents. I know a few sites had him in their top 10 p4p.

Thing about it is doanire has a bunch of homers on this site.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=566227
              Last edited by AM Boxing5; 02-01-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Ever since he tied to Perez. He has taken top quality opponents one after another. Darchinyan, Agebko, Moreno, and Morel.

In reality they are fairly even. But the fact that Nonito took it easy up until 2011, and national pride I lean in favor of Abner.
                it could just as easily be said that the Darchiyan win and Agebko I were razor thin and could have gone either way, also it could be argued that Morel was shot. But the Moreno win was 5 star, a lot of people (including me) thought Moreno would handle him and the exact opposite was true.

With KO wins over Darchinyan,Nishioka (at the time considered to be the best at 122),H Marquez,Montiel and wins vs other belt holders (Arce,Mathebula, Vasquez Jr,Narvaez, Sydorenko), the obvious answer is Donaire. I give you credit for having the testicular fortitude to admit that national pride influenced your opinion

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                  These two, I agree with. Great wins. As for the rest, more important than whom is when. If you can't wrap your head around that, I can't help you.
                  Sure, Marquez and Mthalane weren't proven fighters when Donaire fought them and it's okay to say weren't considered great wins at the time, but it's another thing to call them mediocre and lump them with Morel like kev did. I'd understand calling them meaningless wins if was early in their career before they were close to accomplishing anything like Margarito beating Martinez, but both became world champions within year of that defeat. Calling Hernan Marquez a mediocre fighter especially is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    so fighting omar narvaez when he was undefeated, #1 at 115 (and is still #1) and wbo champ, and is a two weight world champion isn't even worth mentioning as a notable win for donaire? it wasn't donaire's fault that moreno wanted more money than he is worth and backed out, it isn't donaire's fault that mares was stuck having to fight a rematch with agbeko considering how controversial the first fight was...narvaez was the best option left considering all of this..

mathebula was the current IBF world champion at super bantamweight when donaire beat him and no one has looked good against him...plus donaire's goal is to clean out the division and unify the belts.

toshiaki nishioka was older than donaire by a few years and was on his way out, but he was still regarded highly in the division and was ranked #1...he was also the real WBC champ (was only stripped of the title)...
                    You have to evaluate Narvaez strength of opposition going into his fight with Donaire... which wasn't strong at all. Nobody was picking Narvaez to pose any threat to Donaire for the obvious reason. Great, so Donaire and Wright have something in common.

Mathebula... enough said.

I almost forgot, you were one of the main ones on NSB spearheading the "Nishioka is legit and will be a challenge for Donaire" committee.

Mares had a better year than Donaire the last two years solely based off quality of opposition, point blank. To make matters worse, Mares just tried to make the fight with Donaire [which Mares would lose] and it was shot down. Rigo has yet to be signed, so maybe they'll re-hype Darchinyan so you can be on here promoting it.
                    Last edited by deejd; 02-01-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Mares has fought the better fighters, thats why Donaire is ducking him lol its obvious

Comment

Working...
                      X