No announcement yet.

Mayweather earned it the hard way now he calls the shots dont like dont watch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Baldomir had a good year but is NOTHING to write home about but I see that you have his name listed. WHY MAN, JUST WHY?

Marquez had a good year at 130 and moved up to 135 and fought Floyd at 147. Again, but is NOTHING to write home about but I see that you have his name listed. WHY MAN, JUST WHY?

You can name 100 names like that but they mean nothing.

Holmes fought Ali. That is a big name but did that mean anything? No because that was not prime Ali. So STOP THE EXAGERATION!!!

Floyd said it himself that he fights for money. So just leave him fight for money. That is why he wants to be called Floyd "MONEY" Mayweather. It's all a business to him. If it meant more, then he would be fighting the best out there not Maidana or Guerrero or some other guy that was RECENTLY HYPED UP ..... go ask yourself where was Guerrero, Ortiz, Baldomir, Marquez, Maidana and so on the year before they fought Floyd? All HYPE yet you say that you follow boxing for a long time?
    BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....numbers dont lie...10 champions in 45 fights...name a fighter who has beat that many in so few fights...not titlists...but current, future or former champions Castillo, Hatton, Corrales, Hernandez, Judah, Canelo were at or near their prime....Mosley, ODLH, mARQUEZ, Baldomir were past it....marquez was the freshest of this group

Baldomir was the champion and Marquez is first ballot hall of famer.

Comment

Your posts are starting to look like a C- maybe even a D- of late. Time to step it up Corner! You starting to sound like a promoter or something! I thought you were quoting Schaeffer!

Because I'm tired to putting real effort into debates with imbeciles.....

Floyd is fighting a Top 10 WW who has a title, coming off three decent or solid wins at the weight.

Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana....legit fights for ANYONE from 140-154.

You're always going to b*tch, so there's no need to attempt to convince people like you. You're stuck in your beliefs, it's like debating with a wall, only the wall isn't a wall.....it's a fight fan who hates on one guy fighting legit fights and most likely supports another one who's taken like 2 legit fights since 2009/Early 2010, and they happen to be against the same guy.

Floyd is held the highest standard ever. Guy fights the #2 WW, #1 JMW, #3 WW, RING JMW champion, another Top 10 WW, and could potentially make it 4 titles and 2 lineal titles in 3 years, not to mention another fighter of the year award.....and people refuse to give credit.

Like I said....brick wall homie

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Manny fans try and use the win over Oscar like it's something credible but he was less of a shell of his former self than Ali was. Let's not have double standards shall we?
        YOU DON'T KNOW SH$T about boxing if you believe what you wrote. Ali was already popping pills due to his Parkinson's.

Oscar was a part time promoter by the time Manny and Floyd fought him. I have been saying that consistently. It was still a shocker to see what Manny did to Oscar. A prime Oscar would have been different for both Manny and Floyd.

I'm objective about it. Time FLoyd fans do the same.

Comment

YOU DON'T KNOW SH$T about boxing if you believe what you wrote. Ali was already popping pills due to his Parkinson's.

Oscar was a part time promoter by the time Manny and Floyd fought him. I have been saying that consistently. It was still a shocker to see what Manny did to Oscar. A prime Oscar would have been different for both Manny and Floyd.

I'm objective about it. Time FLoyd fans do the same.
          You and objectivity.....c'mon man. Don't give up your day job, but that's a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            [B]
            Baldomir was the champion and Marquez is first ballot hall of famer.
            Just try to be objective. It's just embarrassing that you are using those names to boost up Floyd.

Comment

I'm not paying for floyd vs maidana. I'm gonna stream it. Not a fan of floyd. He sure as he!! Ain't no sugar Ray Leonard that's for sure.

Comment

With signing to fight Maidana he will have fought 13 world titlists he has defeated 12 in a row
                What the hell are you talking about? Are you counting former titlists?

Guererro wasn't a world champion. JMM wasn't a champion at 147 or even 140. Sharmba Mitchell wasn't a champion. Henry Bruseles wasn't a champion.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-11-2014, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Because I'm tired to putting real effort into debates with imbeciles.....

Floyd is fighting a Top 10 WW who has a title, coming off three decent or solid wins at the weight.

Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana....legit fights for ANYONE from 140-154.

You're always going to b*tch, so there's no need to attempt to convince people like you. You're stuck in your beliefs, it's like debating with a wall, only the wall isn't a wall.....it's a fight fan who hates on one guy fighting legit fights and most likely supports another one who's taken like 2 legit fights since 2009/Early 2010, and they happen to be against the same guy.

Floyd is held the highest standard ever. Guy fights the #2 WW, #1 JMW, #3 WW, RING JMW champion, another Top 10 WW, and could potentially make it 4 titles and 2 lineal titles in 3 years, not to mention another fighter of the year award.....and people refuse to give credit.

Like I said....brick wall homie
                  Sorry but the brick wall are Floyd fans who pretend that they don't see Floyd's formula to getting a relatively easy fight for him.

Floyd is now showing his cherry picking out in the open and you still defend it? KHAN or MAIDANA? Who should I pick?

Yet, Floyd said, "I'm not interested in Manny"

Every time Floyd picks a fight, you guys always come back with "but he is ranked #? or holds a title or top P4P fighter" but the part of the equation that you forget about is that there are other fighters that fans think will provide better competition for Floyd yet Floyd fights #5 not #1 ..... WHY?

I think you are just tired of defending Floyd's cherry picks. That is understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    You and objectivity.....c'mon man. Don't give up your day job, but that's a good one.
                    I have called out Manny on the fights that were questionable. So yes, I can be objective.

Manny vs Bradley is much better than Floyd vs Maidana as far as competition goes.

Comment

Sorry but the brick wall are Floyd fans who pretend that they don't see Floyd's formula to getting a relatively easy fight for him.

Floyd is now showing his cherry picking out in the open and you still defend it? KHAN or MAIDANA? Who should I pick?

Yet, Floyd said, "I'm not interested in Manny"

Every time Floyd picks a fight, you guys always come back with "but he is ranked #? or holds a title or top P4P fighter" but the part of the equation that you forget about is that there are other fighters that fans think will provide better competition for Floyd yet Floyd fights #5 not #1 ..... WHY?

I think you are jut tired of defending Floyd's cherry picks. That is understandable.
                      Mentioning Pacquiao is like asking Pacquiao to fight legit WW's who fight on Showtime.....it ain't never going to happen. I would always say Khan is a horrible fight until Khan does at least something at 147.

Who's out there beyond Maidana right now??? I wanted Danny Garcia, the king at 140, but I don't think Danny himself was all that interested in the fight. Bradley would have been a big fight, and I like Pac-Bradley II, though the rematches are getting torturous at this point from Top Rank....but once again Bradley is an HBO/Top Rank fighter. It's like asking him to fight Showtime fighters, ain't never happening as long as that stupid beef is going on. Not to mention, though Shcaefer seems unwilling to the end the beef as much as Arum is.....it was HBO who escalated this cold war because they got butt hurt over Floyd leaving for Showtime.

Lara would be a good fight, but I think the fight fans are calling for right now is Canelo vs Lara, not Floyd vs Lara. Especially after the way Canelo did Angulo, who dropped Lara twice and fought basically an even or close to it fight. And after the way Lara dominated Trout, while Canelo struggled and won a close decision against him. That's quickly becoming THE FIGHT to make at 154.

You talk about being impartial, yet you have never praised Mayweather on here, when the guy has a long list of good wins on his resume. I even consider Manny a few spots higher then Floyd all time as of now, though it's closer then ever as Manny's career has stalled since Cotto and Clottey.

Comment

Working...
                      X