Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you naturally talk proper English?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you naturally talk proper English?

Like instead of "It was him!" You say "It was he!". Or instead of "It was me", you say "It was I"? Or other phrases that make you look like you're rehearsing for a Shakespeare play?

No, I'm not a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
      No, I'm not a fag.
      I don't see why any one would speak like that. Unless they're from England.

Comment

No...and I can't stand people that throw out foreign words randomly in conversation. It doesn't make you look intelligent. It makes you look like a douche. In my humble opinion.

Comment

Im from Kentucky, so no.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Like instead of "It was him!" You say "It was he!". Or instead of "It was me", you say "It was I"? Or other phrases that make you look like you're rehearsing for a Shakespeare play?
            Kev, I think you will find "It was him" and "It was me" is proper English and the other 2 versions are affectations.
            I have heard a guy on the dole say "Giro Giro where art thou Giro" when the dole check has not turned up but that is about it .

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Hunt View Post
              Kev, I think you will find "It was him" and "It was me" is proper English and the other 2 versions are affectations.
              I have heard a guy on the dole say "Giro Giro where art thou Giro" when the dole check has not turned up but that is about it .
              It's proper American English, yes. But not English, English. Original English.

Though I don't care, I just wanted to see who the hell uses that much of proper English here. I told the proff, "Nobody uses that". I then said, only if you're Mojojojo from the Power Puff Girls, you would speak like that. Or if you want to be the Queen of England.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
                No, I'm not a fag.
                You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dj Marroqui again...

**** made me lol for real...

Comment

No such thing as "proper" English in the sense you're trying to establish. Early Modern English is an extinct variety of the language, from which contemporary English is descended. The alternative phrasings you list have naturally become uncommon.
                  Last edited by Miburo; 07-07-2012, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Catholics talk like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X