Why dearth of Black heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malikomoman View Post
    Basketball wasnt as popular among blacks in the 70's as it was in the 90's
    People act like the NFL and NBA were big back then, they weren't. Basketball back in the 60s and 70s was pretty much a fringe sport. NFL, that sport wasn't even on the radar. To put it in perspective, horse racing was bigger than NFL in the 70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
      There are still FAR more black heavyweights than white heavyweights.

Most of these 413 are black: http://boxrec.com/ratings.php?countr...us=A&SUBMIT=Go

Plus there's many black heavyweights from African countries and some from Latin American countries (Solis, Gomez, etc) and European countries (Skelton, Sprott, Levin, etc).

There are at least 25,000,000 big men in the US between age 20 and 39, including at least 3,000,000 black men that size and age. But there's only a total of about 1000 or fewer in the NFL plus the NBA.

Where are the other 24,999,000 big American men? Where are the other 3,299,000 black American men of that size between 20 and 40?
      Don't forget all the one's who play College Football and College Basketball, but never make it to the professional leagues. Which is only about around maybe 10% of all the collegiate athletes(If that).

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        I'm saying this as a white person btw.
        I always thought you were black, since you only like black boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
          Don't forget all the one's who play College Football, College Basketball, but never make it to the professional leagues
          Like Monte Barrett and Julius Long did? Nothing stopping them from becoming boxers.

Comment

Very few NBA players are 7 feet tall. Most are around the same height as the Klitchkos. Sure, you can claim all that but I think throughout history we know African Americans are far more athletic and just have better genetics(longer arms, more coordinated) than whites. Aren't the best soccer players black? I'm saying this as a white person btw.
            Where were these uber-athletic seven (or six foot seven) footers in Ali's era? Or Louis's era? Or Tyson's era?

No, the best soccer players aren't black, though Ronaldo's fake tan might make you think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
              Golf

Lawn Bowls

/thread
              LOL, people underestimate the effect Tiger Woods had on the black community...

Comment

Like Monte Barrett and Julius Long did? Nothing stopping them from becoming boxers.
                Sure, but more than likely you aren't going to reach a championship level if you start boxing that late.

Comment

People act like the NFL and NBA were big back then, they weren't. Basketball back in the 60s and 70s was pretty much a fringe sport. NFL, that sport wasn't even on the radar. To put it in perspective, horse racing was bigger than NFL in the 70s.
                  I hope you are being sarcastic right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                    David Haye, Eddie Chambers, Kevin Johnson, Tony Thompson, Sam Peter, Derek Chisora, Ray Austin, Evander Holyfield???????????????
                    Audley Harrison not black enough for you?

/jk

Comment

I always thought you were black, since you only like black boxers.
                      You're wrong. Check loves the Marquez brothers almost as much as me, and he's always defending Cotto for taking knees and quitting.

Comment

Working...
                      X