No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaolin soccer

great comical talent this stephen chow... its like watching a live action anime... and yeah a lot better than the hollywood version of dragonball z...

slapstick comedy done right...

8 / 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Looper - 8/10, cool concept, right mix of quirky humour, action and plot.
      After seeing her ASS, it was all i could think about for the whole movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
        Except the glaring plot holes that make you go

Such as David poisoning that guy for no apparent reason.

He poisoned him to test what the "black goo" would do. Remember, David was a robot programmed by that old guy, and his entire purpose of the mission was to "keep living," or "find more life" for himself. So in hopes that the black goo would somehow benefit him (the old dude), David tested it on him.

David's goals were first, and foremost to represent the old guy, and what he wanted. David had an "agenda," if you will - which was the old guy's agenda.

Comment

• Now, why David chose him to experiment on? That's up for you to decide.

SOme people believe it was because of how he ridiculed David for being a robot, and others believe it had to do with him responding to David's question of "What are you willing to do, to find out the truth," by saying "anything."

Or maybe because he simply saw the first chance to test it, and jsut took it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom.
            I just took it out from the library today.

I didn't realize it's 4 DVDs and 7 hours long. Because it's been requested by others and they have only one copy, I can only keep it for one week.

yeah its pretty long in length... you gotta have a patience to watch it..

Comment

• Cloud Atlas

Didn't know much about it, only that it was originally a novel released back in 2004. There are a total of 6 stories being told concurrently in real time with each story happening in a different era; future included. It was an experience as some scenes would last 20 minutes, then shift to another story but only letting it run for 2 minutes before switching stories again. I thought it worked and I was satisfied.

I will advise that if you are going to watch Cloud Atlas, because it's long, you have to just let the movie wash over you before you start connecting the dots.

8/10

Comment

• maximum conviction 0.5/10

what a waste of time..

Comment

• the son of no one 5/10

i wasn't thrilled with this thriller..

Comment

• Argo: 8.5/10
                    Lincoln: 9/10

Comment

• i live in fear

awesome film about a japanese old man's paranoia about hydrogen bombs...

toshiro mifune is absolutely brilliant as the lead who struggles to find balance about his family life and his paranoia...

akira kurosawa plays around with the audiences' thoughts and emotions with one empathic question after the other... the lead character, brilliantly portrayed by my man mifune, is immediately interesting and worthwhile to invest our time with... the first act had me remembering lumet's 12 angry men and takeshi shimura doing jury number 8 on there...

well, this is kurosawa at the top of his game... wow, excellent film... its a 10 for me...

Comment

Working...
                      X