No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Garcia move up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Garcia move up?

Like the other thread I saw, all the current 147s are small guys...

It's a hugely deep division by modern standards and where all the money is. All the 140 guys should just move up!

Give it time,, he may be there in his next fight. We have no idea who he is fighting next.

I heard rumors of danny-khan 2, pauli, broner/maidana, lucas rematch....

I venture to say that garcia will be at welter sometime in 2014. If not his next fight, the one after that...

Comment

you answered your own question all the talent is there why would you throw him into the lions den you gotta slowly build them up

Comment

I'm "meh" on him moving up. If he moves up, great. If he doesn't, whatever. I'm tuning in to watch him fight regardless.

Comment

If he has no trouble making 140 and staying strong why should he move up and fight 7lbs. bigger and harder hitting men? Why make things harder for himself? A boxer is better off fighting at the lowest weight that he feels good and strong at. If he does not feel strong at a weight only then should he move to a higher weight. Off his last fight with Matthysse Garcia is very strong at 140 and has no reason to go up to 147. His father said he is not ready for a Mayweather fight and that would be the only good reason to fight at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            If he has no trouble making 140 and staying strong why should he move up and fight 7lbs. bigger and harder hitting men? Why make things harder for himself? A boxer is better off fighting at the lowest weight that he feels good and strong at. If he does not feel strong at a weight only then should he move to a higher weight. Off his last fight with Matthysse Garcia is very strong at 140 and has no reason to go up to 147. His father said he is not ready for a Mayweather fight and that would be the only good reason to fight at 147.
            He pretty much cleaned out his division though, not much point in him staying at 140.

Comment

We all know why, he aint trying to walk that plank, straight dead man walking status!

Comment

Danny has a lot of options but it would be nice to see him fight the winner of broner vs maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                  Danny has a lot of options but it would be nice to see him fight the winner of broner vs maidana.
                  If love to see that fight, the pre fight trash talk from the two camps would be epic

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                    If love to see that fight, the pre fight trash talk from the two camps would be epic
                    I think broner would tone it down a bit or he would have to listen to angel garcia nonstop during the presstour.

Comment

Working...
                    X