Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laziest boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exception of the Tyson fight James Buster Douglas was also very lazy.

Comment

I give Toney a pass because in his prime at least he got in shape!

Comment

rios and broner?

both are reported to be very hard workers, man. they used to kill themselves to make 135, and 130 in broner's case. that's hard, hard work.

toney is a great shout. other than his prime at middleweight [where he used to have to starve himself,] he had periods where he hardly trained.

later in his career, he ate some BURGER KING!

other lazy fighters:
        duran for certain fights
        joan guzman
        david tua
        chris arreola
        odlanier solis

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          With the exception of the Tyson fight James Buster Douglas was also very lazy.

this is a very good one.

douglas had a huge reach, big time jab, and he could punch. he could have been a contender!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            That Cuban heavyweight who beat Haye, and recently lost to Thompson.
            Ricky Fatton, er, I mean Hatton.

Comment

I got you all beat.

Odlanier solis So lazy he took naptimes in the corner!

Comment

Chris arreola

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  rios and broner?

both are reported to be very hard workers, man. they used to kill themselves to make 135, and 130 in broner's case. that's hard, hard work.

toney is a great shout. other than his prime at middleweight [where he used to have to starve himself,] he had periods where he hardly trained.

later in his career, he ate some BURGER KING!

other lazy fighters:
                  duran for certain fights
                  joan guzman
                  david tua
                  chris arreola
                  odlanier solis

Toney though, he sparred all the time, so he trained all the time as far as keeping his skills up. What I heard is he didnt like running/cardio and relied on sparring for that. He didnt have stamina problems in the ring, he was just a fat ass. He sparred too much though and is punk drunk as a result, so its a bad idea to use sparring for fitness.

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Are we talking about him taking time off of boxing for religious reasons?
                  We could apply this to Foreman as well If so.
                  Foreman worked his ass off in his comeback and its not like it happened overnight. He went from fighting tomatoe cans all the way to chasing and acquiring the belt over the course of like 6 years. Even if he never got the belt, he still would have went 12 rounds with the likes of morrison, holyfield and moorer. His diet was probably bad but he changed his style and everything to make it work.

Comment

Toney, Rahman, Butterbean, Sadam Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                      That Cuban heavyweight who beat Haye, and recently lost to Thompson.
                      His name is Odlanier Solís, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X