No announcement yet.

Mayweather Catch Weight vs Canelo Is A Criminally Underrated ***** Move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Catch Weight vs Canelo Is A Criminally Underrated ***** Move

I'm not one to be on Mayweather ducking people, as I think that is extrememly overstated, however......

What do you think about it? Makes absolutely no sense when Mayweather had fought at a full 154 twice before.

WTF was that all about anyways. Canelo had to have been somewhat drained. He couldn't even make 154 5 months later. And look what Ellerbe has to say.

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
    Canelo's still an undefeated fighter, just ask Ellerbe and Mayweather.

"He was a dead man walking when he went into the ring," Ellerbe said. "The casual fan doesn't know what difference one or two pounds can make when a fighter is already down to weight. Fighters know."

Last edited by Da Machine; 03-31-2014, 04:10 PM.

Canelo said too early he's willing to go down to even 150. He should have kept quiet and said I want 154 and not listened to his promoters if they pressured him.

Show time needed a big fight like Canelo Floyd after the Guerrero fight.

And yea, Floyd saw Canelo as a bigger threat than cotto who was in wars. Floyd is mr contradiction what can you say.

Then you have a guy like Bernard Hopkins who jumps up 2 weight classes and beats the number 1 guy and he don't get his just due

Comment

Smart man in that video there, you might want to listen to him.

Comment

This actually gets brought up a lot. It's not underrated at all. Floyd should have fought him at 154 but chose otherwise. That's on him.

People have been giving him hell over his hypocrisy for the last 8 months. He deserves the criticism he receives because he talks too much and always ends up contradicting previous statements.

Comment

So underrated that its only been discussed on NSB 950 times, not the usual 100,000 times like the other Floyd based topics.

Comment

Because he could, plus I do think there was an element that it set people off of a certain group who wouldn't shut up about it and Floyd to me does a lot of things just to set off that group (them dudes will blow up when Floyd snaps his fingers essentially, which is pretty sad) which sets off a chain reaction of other talk.

To me the athletic reason is more that they would have to focus on that rather than focusing how to beat Floyd. Canelo if he wanted to win he needed to change some things up or at least round out a couple wrinkles that could have helped him, but that takes time and effort that you do not have if you are so focused on losing weight.

I wouldn't say it is underrated at all also, it gets brought up a lot which actually makes sense considering the history of the topic~

Comment

I only think it's funny because when Floyd fought Cotto at 154 he was saying Cotto was really undefeated since he fought Pacquiao at a catchweight and was drained. So using that same logic Canelo is still undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Canelo said too early he's willing to go down to even 150. He should have kept quiet and said I want 154 and not listened to his promoters if they pressured him.

Show time needed a big fight like Canelo Floyd after the Guerrero fight.

And yea, Floyd saw Canelo as a bigger threat than cotto who was in wars. Floyd is mr contradiction what can you say.

Then you have a guy like Bernard Hopkins who jumps up 2 weight classes and beats the number 1 guy and he don't get his just due
                He said it in 2011, they fought in 2013. In 2011 he had a small chance of making 150, in 2013 none.

Chavez was saying he could make 160 in 2011. Should his future opponents hold him to it?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                  I only think it's funny because when Floyd fought Cotto at 154 he was saying Cotto was really undefeated since he fought Pacquiao at a catchweight and was drained. So using that same logic Canelo is still undefeated.
                  But most rational observers recognise that Mayweather is full of **** and is constantly lying and contradicting himself. I don't even mind that too much. It's when you see other people parrot his arguments that you just have to shake your head. A mindless follower is a pathetic sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    But most rational observers recognise that Mayweather is full of **** and is constantly lying and contradicting himself. I don't even mind that too much. It's when you see other people parrot his arguments that you just have to shake your head. A mindless follower is a pathetic sight.
                    Was Canelo weight of 155 for Angulo a ***** move considering the fact Canelo said he could make 150 less than 8 months before

Comment

Working...
                    X