Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Guys find Jon Fitch Boring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Do You Guys find Jon Fitch Boring?

I seriously think this is the best guy at 170 aside from Georges St. Pierre. However, the guy hasn't finished a fight in 3.5 years.

Unlike most guys who rely on decisions, I think Fitch puts on good fights and completely dominates his opponents (Alves fight).

My biggest criticism of the dude is that he doesn't improve from fight to fight in the same way that guys like St. Pierre, Edgar, Velazquez, Kampmann, and Diaz do... At this point, I would expect him to be comfortable enough on his feet to at least finish guys like Akihiro Gono and Mike Pierce..

Your thoughts?

True, I've never turned away during any of his fights because he doesn't exactly fall into the lay and pray category, but he is getting close. Wasn't Roan the last person that he finished?

I'm not a huge fan of the way GSP has been winning fights, but Fitch had some balls to say GSP was afraid of stand up after earning his title shot with a unanimous decision victory over Chris Wilson.

Fitch is a great fighter, but he's definitely not the most talented or the most exciting. It's like he just sits in contention and doesn't exactly whoop anyone's ass, just smacks them around for 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post

My biggest criticism of the dude is that he doesn't improve from fight to fight
      Fitch does seem very complacent with his abilities. He is very dominant, but it's been over 3 years since he's finished anyone and he seems to win in almost the exact same fashion.

Originally posted by Big Bricks View Post

I'm not a huge fan of the way GSP has been winning fights, but Fitch had some balls to say GSP was afraid of stand up after earning his title shot with a unanimous decision victory over Chris Wilson.
      I am not a fan of Fitch, but I do respect his abilities. But GSP dominated Fitch in every way possible. GSP took him down at around the first 10 seconds and knocked him down numerous times throughout the fight. He even landed a few head kicks. It's almost like GSP wanted to display his stand up skills because of Fitch's comments.
      Last edited by blaze778; 09-13-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bricks View Post
        True, I've never turned away during any of his fights because he doesn't exactly fall into the lay and pray category, but he is getting close. Wasn't Roan the last person that he finished?

Fitch is a great fighter, but he's definitely not the most talented or the most exciting. It's like he just sits in contention and doesn't exactly whoop anyone's ass, just smacks them around for 15 minutes.
        The only thing I can think of regarding his performance against Chris Wilson is that he took the damn fight like on ten days notice. Chris Wilson gave the performance of his life too!

Comment

when a guy lays on another guy and does very little damage its called a "fitching"

Comment

Working...
          X