No announcement yet.

Ronald "Winky" Wright :- Q&A

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronald "Winky" Wright :- Q&A

Winky Wright Florida's 36-year-old former world light-middleweight champion, 51-4-1 (25)

Q- Age started boxing?: A- 15.

Q- First boxing memory?: A- When I turned pro and didn't run, didn't train before the fight (vs. Anthony Salerno in 1990). Getting in the fight, I had to go four rounds. And I was dead tired [smiles].

Q- Inspiration?: A- Just being known as one of the greatest who ever did it - the best of my era. Show my kids that anything is possible.

Q- Favourite all-time fighter?: A- Muhammad Ali.

Q- Best fight seen?: A- Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo I.

Q- Pre-fight meal?: A- Whatever I want to eat. No routines, no superstitions.

Q- What do you do to relax?: A- Just be me. I'm relaxed all the time, in everything I do. I'm just a relaxed kinda dude.

Q- Pre-fight superstition?: A- None.

Q- What training do you do between fights?: A- None really. I go on vacation. I used to stay on the crap tables and train like that, but not no more.

Q- Typical breakfast?: A- Cereal, eggs, bacon. Like I say, whatever.

Q- Toughest part of being a pro boxer?:A- Lots of people want you to do things for them. Everybody thinks you can save 'em.

Q- Favourite music? :A- Rap.

Q- Last book read?: A- I can't tell you the last book I read. A book on Jekyll & Hyde - that's a book on finances.

Q- Favourite film?: A- Money Talks.

Q- What car do you drive?: A- Mercedes (blue).

Q- Where do you train? :A- Florida and Las Vegas. I got my gym - St. Pete Boxing Club in Florida. Then we train at the UFC gym in Las Vegas.

Q- Training routine? A- Hard. Difficult. I do a lot of different things. I mean, we do it all, just different ways.

Q- Toughest man you faced: A- Myself.To get up and do what I have to do. Because it's all about being able to come out at your best and do what you do.

Q- What supplements do you take: A-We all take supplements, vitamins and all that.

Q- If you weren't a boxer what would you be? A- Somewhere...I love music and promotions and all that.

Q-Last place you went on holiday? A- Hawaii.

Q- Favourite football team?: A- Dallas Cowboys.

Q- Best boxer in the sport today?:A- Winky Wright. I'm the man [laughs].
    Interview by Scoop Malinowski

Thanks for that green k sent!!

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
      Thanks for that green k sent!!
      cheers main man. np

Comment

he didnt deserve the loss against Pwill after a 21 month breack. hes such a nice guy, down to earth and a great boxer.
        Last edited by cleaner147; 01-31-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

woot Dallas Cowboys!!

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyZoi View Post
            woot Dallas Cowboys!!
            yea winkys a glory supporter most likely

Comment

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

Comment

you can acctually see winky with james toney ringside when corrales stopped castillo, jumping up and down cheering like crazy.. hugging and ****.. funny as hell.

Comment

Working...
                X