Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson Vs. Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably a bit too soon for Hughie, but it's a GOLDEN opportunity and his camp should push for this to happen.

So what if he loses, this is a dream fight for someone of his age and experience.

Unlike Tyson, Hughie can actually box, so you never know, he may just win, stranger things have happened.

Not hating on Tyson though, he's one of my faves at the moment just because he brings banter and spice, it's a good laugh riding on the Fury train, ALL ABOARD ****S!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      He can tough fights without going straight up to top 20 world level.

He hasn't even seen the likes of Audley, Sam Sexton type fighters yet.

You want to bring your guy on but you don't want him taking beatings
      He has an ambition to be a world champ at a younger age than Iron Mike did. So obviously he's up for it.

I agree with you though, this jump in class is way too early for him, but you can't fault him for being hungry. More power to him I say! It's about time we had a boxer that doesn't give a **** and will fight anyone!

Refreshing.

Comment

@peterfury: Had good chat with Tony he's got an offer we just can not match. But we have put him a good offer which stands incase his fight falls through

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          This is how you develope a fighter.... The 0 actually can go & be beneficial...
          I agree 100%. Far too much importance placed on the 0. If you're willing to test yourself and fight the best the chances are you will pick up losses along the way.

Comment

Even though he could win what a careless move that would be. Throw him a top ten rated southpaw jinxer in his eighth fight? It would be a stupid risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              He can tough fights without going straight up to top 20 world level.

He hasn't even seen the likes of Audley, Sam Sexton type fighters yet.

You want to bring your guy on but you don't want him taking beatings
              *wipes tear from eye*

Audley a tough fight. That's a good one.

Comment

I would love to see Hughie Fury vs Manuel Charr.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
                  *wipes tear from eye*

Audley a tough fight. That's a good one.
                  Audley goes through H.Fury's record undefeated and probably mostly ko's.

Just something to think about.

Hughie has done nothing in the game yet to suggest he could beat Thompson.

Also i wasnt saying Audley was a tough fight, re-read my post.

Comment

I'm all for fighters taking chances & I don't give a monkeys about a few losses but Fury hasn't even fought 21 pro rounds yet.

He's fought D minus opposition at best & we're asking him to leap to a B+ (by todays standards).

Steady progression is the key to developing a fighter. Throw him in too deep too soon & he drowns.

A good test right now would be Sam Sexton. A fairly tough, honest fighter. If Hughie wipes him out he's got some class, if he struggles to win you rein him in. If he loses then match him with Price!!!

Comment

Hughie is too green. Dude's got what, 5 fights? Not enough yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X